+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default *Spin off - what's the scariest movie you've ever seen?*

Since there are like 90878976 threads about movies doing the rounds, I figured I'd add this one to the mix .

For me, it's hands down The Exorcist. I've seen it twice, once when I was 8 (yeah, thanks mum) and once when I was 18. Absolutely horrified me each time and even thinking about it gives me chills. It's weird as I think most people see that film as a comedy these days!!

So what's the scariest movie you've seen?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Well I loathe scary movies so I haven't seen one on years but nightmare on Elm street and poltergeist scared the crap outta me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    For me it is The Grudge and The Ring but the original Japanese versions. Very creepy and scary!

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I actually found Red Dragon really scary, particularly when the detective is walking through the house where the murders took place.

I was also petrified watching Scream the first time, although now the Scream films don't bother me.

One of the scariest movies I've seen is The Truman Show The whole concept freaked me out big time!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkzy View Post
    Since there are like 90878976 threads about movies doing the rounds, I figured I'd add this one to the mix .

For me, it's hands down The Exorcist. I've seen it twice, once when I was 8 (yeah, thanks mum) and once when I was 18. Absolutely horrified me each time and even thinking about it gives me chills. It's weird as I think most people see that film as a comedy these days!!

So what's the scariest movie you've seen?
    Omg I hate the part where she runs backwards down the stairs

Thanks
    Reviews
    LOL...I played a terrible prank on my brother after we watched The Ring (US version). I called his phone later that night and said "Seven daaaaaays" in a scary voice and he was like "omg, omg...what?"...he then realised it was me when I couldn't contain my laughter.

Karma got me a few months later when someone sent me an email, was a picture of Where's Wally and obviously you look at the screen for 30 seconds or so trying to find him when a picture of the girl from The Exorcist flashes up screaming at you .

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pinkzy For This Useful Post:

Mrs Leto  (21-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I actually meant to go and introduce myself before replying to threads, but I couldn't let this one go.......'IT' would have to be one of the scariest movies ever, no wonder people are afraid of clowns!!!

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mum2DandR For This Useful Post:

Cazza1981  (21-01-2012),Mod-Uniquey  (21-01-2012),naebie  (21-01-2012),Nmgb  (21-01-2012)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    ^^ I would kill someone if they sent me an email like that!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    I actually found Red Dragon really scary, particularly when the detective is walking through the house where the murders took place.

I was also petrified watching Scream the first time, although now the Scream films don't bother me.

One of the scariest movies I've seen is The Truman Show The whole concept freaked me out big time!

Omg I hate the part where she runs backwards down the stairs
    OMG, yeah that part where she's spider walking down the stairs and then when she spits the blood out!!! *gets chills* Creepy!!

I love Red Dragon (and Hannibal and Silence of the lambs) - only one that scared me was SOTL.

I haven't seen The Truman show but my dad was pretty disturbed by it as well due to the concept.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Pinkzy For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (21-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    ^^ I would kill someone if they sent me an email like that!!!!
    I wanted to. I was in tears after it and was lucky mum was in the same room LOL. I did sort of deserve it though as it taught me not to play pranks like that on anyone any more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Im a bit of a horror movie freak and they dont really scare me, I havent had a horror scare me for years but the most recent one I saw that gave me a little jump was Insidious other than that the exorcism of emily rose gave me goosebumps thats about it