+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default **Vent** it's a roster, you VOLUNTEERED - answer your bleeding phone!!

Note to family - we are NOT ever minding the school guinea pigs againThe family who had them the week before us tried to hand them over 3 days earlier - sorry but that didn't work for me and we ended up getting them a a day early anyhow - their excuse was they were in the way of the builders...The family after us are not answering their phone, I've rang three times and left messages and sent a SMS. I went around to their house and a neighbour said that they decided to go away camping for the week. (A bit silly on his behalf - now I could go and rob the house tonight...)So it looks like I am stuck with these peeing pooing machines for another week.
    Last edited by WorkingClassMum; 21-01-2012 at 17:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    oh thats a shame.
    Thats annoying about the people before but you could have easily said no, we cannot.
    as for the next family,Maybe the really just forgot. Can you call the next people on the list?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ishtyban For This Useful Post:

Mulva  (21-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am dreading the day we have to look after school pets, when I was 12 I looked after the school guinea pigs and let them out with my rabbit on the last day and lost them( the rabbit was fine tho which was so weird). What made it worse was the dept principal almost cried when I told him what happened and it made me feel even worse

Thanks
    Reviews
    What a pain! I would be too scared to look after school pets, I would kill them for sure (not intentionally of course!).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Beryls Mum, the next family are the last before school goes back. The only other option is the OSHCare supervisor - and I think she's away anyhow.

Im back at work now, so I'll have to get MIL to clean them out (with the kids help) as MIL will be looking after the kids for the next two weeks.

The GP's aren't a HUGE problem, it's the lack of curtesy that peeves me. That and we haven't killed them yet - I'd love to hand them over while they are still healthy....

When we got them one had foot rot, so we had to take them to the vet $70 I hope to get reimbursed - the cage was so filthy it STANK, it was truely revolting. My kids didn't ask me if we'd go on the roster so the first I heard about it was the last day of school so I just sucked that up.

All together a horrible experience for ME. The kids have loved it...

Thanks
    Reviews
    What a pita.

I hope my son's eventual school don't have pets. can't they just replace the real guinea pigs with the robot ones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yuccccccck. I can't think of anything worse.

As for the family, I would be having strong words with them when they come back .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Our school "pet" was a toy dog, and only for preppies. I don't like the idea of pets in a classroom. We have them in cc but we aren't shut for 2 to 8 weeks at a time, and we only have fish.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yuk, their so gross.

How very rude of the other family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkingClassMum View Post
    Beryls Mum, the next family are the last before school goes back. The only other option is the OSHCare supervisor - and I think she's away anyhow.

Im back at work now, so I'll have to get MIL to clean them out (with the kids help) as MIL will be looking after the kids for the next two weeks.

The GP's aren't a HUGE problem, it's the lack of curtesy that peeves me. That and we haven't killed them yet - I'd love to hand them over while they are still healthy....

When we got them one had foot rot, so we had to take them to the vet $70 I hope to get reimbursed - the cage was so filthy it STANK, it was truely revolting. My kids didn't ask me if we'd go on the roster so the first I heard about it was the last day of school so I just sucked that up.

All together a horrible experience for ME. The kids have loved it...

This bit. I would definitely be telling the teacher about it, and suggesting that the previous carers not have the guinea pig/class pet next year. This is terrible. Those poor things.

I hope you get reimbursed too, btw.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jennaisme For This Useful Post:

Pinkzy  (21-01-2012)