+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Did anyone get worse just before getting better?

This might be wishful thinking. With #1 I had HG and was sick the whole pregnancy. I'm nearly 12 weeks with #2 now. I've had severe m/s again but have been managing to keep the vomiting down to 2-3 times per day with Zofran and Maxolon. I stopped the daily Zofran 2 days ago because I was so constipated every week I had to go to hospital. I've been taking maxolon twice a day but it's not working. For the past 36 hours I've been vomiting every 1-2 hours and not keeping anything down. Just throwing up yellow stomach acid. I can't get up to feed my son so hubby had to take a day off work. Why would m/s be worsening now? There were some days before I didn't take Zofran bit not as bad as this. Could it be the last spurt before getting better? Withdrawal from Zofran? Just my crappy luck again?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My ms gets worse and worse up yo about 14wks.. Then eases off. So yeah, i guess you could say it gets worse before it gets better

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh poor dear M/S sucks big time (i'm there myself!)

You can take Maxalon every 8 hours, or that's what my bottle of 10mg ones says. I've been using Zofran when i'm feeling really terrible, and Maxalon when it's not as bad. If you're vomiting that often, i'd suggest a trip to the hospital....they can give you a shot of Maxalon to stop the vomiting, and re-hydrate you too. Could you have picked up a bug? I hope you feel better soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    From what I understand the more dehydrated you get the more you spew.

When I start spewing every 1-2 hours for 12+ hrs I know its time for trip to the hospital.

Do you have any Zofran you can take for now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chubbasmummy View Post
    This might be wishful thinking. With #1 I had HG and was sick the whole pregnancy. I'm nearly 12 weeks with #2 now. I've had severe m/s again but have been managing to keep the vomiting down to 2-3 times per day with Zofran and Maxolon. I stopped the daily Zofran 2 days ago because I was so constipated every week I had to go to hospital. I've been taking maxolon twice a day but it's not working. For the past 36 hours I've been vomiting every 1-2 hours and not keeping anything down. Just throwing up yellow stomach acid. I can't get up to feed my son so hubby had to take a day off work. Why would m/s be worsening now? There were some days before I didn't take Zofran bit not as bad as this. Could it be the last spurt before getting better? Withdrawal from Zofran? Just my crappy luck again?
    If your vomiting bile and it keeps up I would go to the hospital

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    With dd I pretty much had ms the whole pregnancy

With this one I was nauseas all day for the first trimester. But was actually throwing up. Than on the morning i hit 12 weeks and the whole week between 12-13 I was throwing up and more nauseas than ever.
    The last two weeks have been ok but no real nausea but today I had it. I'm prepared for it to continue throughout again this time too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies. I came to hospital and have to stay overnight. Not looking good

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chubbasmummy View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I came to hospital and have to stay overnight. Not looking good
    I hope you start feeling better soon (( gbh))

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was thinking the exact same thing (about it getting worse before getting better)
    i am midway through week 12 now and this week has been the worst for my ms. I haven't spewed the whole time, (although i have felt like it) until this week, and i have been getting really bad headaches, and am more tired than ever!!

With my dd i had mild morning sickness for the 1st trimester only and felt great after that. I am hoping that this time it will go away like the last time, even though its been much worse this time.