+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    are all ectopic's confirmed with ultrasound rather than just thought to be ectopic due to low levels?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ohdear For This Useful Post:

Hokey Pokey  (23-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I can't remember my first beta, but at 6 weeks it was around 66,000

hcg levels can differ so much. It just causes undue stress IMO. Unless you have bleeding or pain I'd just wait until your dating scan!

Good luck!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to louhopeful For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hokey Pokey, I suffered an ectopic in August 2011. I can't remember exactly my levels, but my only sign was I had very small amount of brown spotting. And when they refer to spotting, it's more like prune juice (gross I know but helps to know exactly what you should be looking for). I didn't have any pain but at 4w5d my little egg was growing in my right tube.

My levels were tested every two days for almost 6 days and they were doubling as a normal pregnant should. The end result was laparoscopy which was painful in edition to the emotional side, but happy to report I am now 9 weeks along

Please don't worry yourself into thinking the worst. Everybody and every pregnancy is different. Keep your hopes and spirits up. Thinking of you

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cricket29 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricket29 View Post
    Hokey Pokey, I suffered an ectopic in August 2011. I can't remember exactly my levels, but my only sign was I had very small amount of brown spotting. And when they refer to spotting, it's more like prune juice (gross I know but helps to know exactly what you should be looking for). I didn't have any pain but at 4w5d my little egg was growing in my right tube.

My levels were tested every two days for almost 6 days and they were doubling as a normal pregnant should. The end result was laparoscopy which was painful in edition to the emotional side, but happy to report I am now 9 weeks along

Please don't worry yourself into thinking the worst. Everybody and every pregnancy is different. Keep your hopes and spirits up. Thinking of you
    Can you see the little thing that early on ultrasound? Sorry I should know being this is not my first time but I have never had a scan until at least 6 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had an ultrasound at 4w3d and sonographer wasn't able to see anything so I was told to come back two days later, had my beta HCG levels tested and another ultrasound and that's when they picked up the sac. It's very small and the sonographer continually told me it might be too early but the Dr was advising me we would keep checking until it was visible. I had some swelling and fluid too, so that should be detectable also.

The results of the ultrasound can also have a lot to do with the operator. I know the first lady wasn't all that helpful and it felt like the second ultrasound technician took more time to find out what was going on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Thanks for sharing and I am so sorry

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokey Pokey View Post
    Can you see the little thing that early on ultrasound?
    Yes done via internal but like others said needs a very skilled operator, mine was a Royal Womens

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ohdear For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did you get your bloods taken again today Hokey Pokey?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did and they were 195. Dr thinks this is still low though and rising slowely

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast