+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokey Pokey View Post
    Did you have any symptoms?
    Thats the point I was trying to make with an ectopic you are usually in a lot of pain and once you are diagnosed as an ectopic you are treated either medically or surgically depending on your HCG levels. I wish I could have been monitored in ED as even the medical treatment is horrid

Any how thats not the point hope everything goes well for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    With an ectopic if the levels of HCG are below 1500 and found to be declining not rising and.the embryo is smaller than a certain size they can use the wait and see approach which is basically monitoring until the ectopic spontaneously resolves itself (miscarries and/or gets absorbed by the mothers body). If the conditions are right it is a very effective way of managing an ectopic conservatively and quite common. The body is very smart!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jess1889 For This Useful Post:

Hokey Pokey  (22-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Hokey Pokey

My only symptom was brown discarge for 3 days (not much) and then a bit of blood after sex. I went to the ER and they did a quick test, but I had been booked in to see my Obgyn 2 days later so they didnt do any ultrasounds.

I went to the Dr 2 days later and within minutes I was sent off to have an internal ultrasound. I hadn't felt any pain up to that point and could of sworn that the bub was forming on my left side. But unfortunately the little eggy was stuck in my right tube.

They gave me the methatrextate a few hours after that, and the next month has been horrid, but I'm finally recovering and look forward to getting my next period which will mean we are well on our way to trying again.

I am feeling really mixed about trying again, scared it will happen again, anxious that it will take a long time, and frustrated/sad that it all happened. This morning I was putting away the clean laundry and right at the bottom of the laundry basket, was the teeny tiny Sydney Uni hoodie that I bought and gave to my hubby when I found out I was UTD. It will come in handy soon!

My numbers were:

30/11 - 100
    2/12 - 143
    9/12 - 382
    16/12 - 917
    18/12 - 1264
    20/12 - 1570
    Methatrexate shot
    27/12 - 435
    4/01 - 217
    13/01 - 27
    19/01 - 14

I've got one last test booked in for next friday and fingers crossed I'm back to 0. Dr has suggested I start (to replenish all the folate I lost due to the chemo shot) and told us that we need to wait 2 cycles before trying again. Looks like at earliest we will have a Dec bub.

Hoping we fall really quickly and have a happy and safe bubba growing in the right place.

Your numbers are doing fine, keep it monitered.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Hokey!

I had a blood test at exactly 14 dpo (4 weeks pregnant).. I know for sure as I was bbt charting... and my hcg level was 97!

I was worried it was low but as you can see I am nearly 33 weeks along and bubs is very healthy and strong

Sent from my HTC Desire using BubHub

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FutureMa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi Hokey, I had an ectopic last Sept, it was removed surgically. I had pretty much every pregnancy symptom possible and they were fairl full on too. I got a + on a HPT between 6-8DPO, saw my GP but her HPT came up neg so she sent me for a blood test. The number came back under 10 so she sent me for a repeat, she discussed possible miscarriage, but never mentioned ectpoic. I had my repeat blood test and numbers came back in the low 300's so from that she decided I was pregnant, sent me for a scan to find out how far a long I was, as I had only had my perdiod 10days prior to getting my BFP so we werent sure if what I had was a period or bleeding related to pregnancy and if I was possibly pregnant from cycle before or if I had just O'd very very early on in the cycle. Anyway, had a scan, saw nothing in my uterous, she checked my tubes,(did external and internal scan) and again nothing was picked up, so she just said I must be very early on in the pregnancy.
    Went back and saw my GP and she sent me for preg bloods, but for some reason didn't check my HCG.
    It had been almost 2 weeks when I started getting some really intense pains, the only way to describe them was like a contraction, at first i thought (tmi) that i needed to do a poo and I was extremely constipated as it seemed like the pressure was in that area and I was getting same bad pains from not being able to pass one, the pains had me in tears for hours, i had a sleep and woke up feeling okay. So i just put it down to really bad constipation, ectopic didn't even cross my mind. Next morning I started to bleed lightly, continued to bleed most of the day and cramps came back, went to ER they took bloods and HCG was around 900, doc checked my cervix position etc. but they didnt do a scan just told me that I could be having a miscarriage and if things got worse to come back, they werent much help really. Anyway I ended up back there twice with really bad cramps and bleeding, the last time I went they took my bloods to compare hcg to my first visit and they had dropped to around 700, so I was told I was having a miscarriage, they gave me a referal to get a scan the next morning and made me an appointment with the early pregnancy clinic. I went for my scan and that's when I found out I was having an ectopic, my right tube had ruptured and i had a fair but of interenal bleeding so I had to go into surgery right away, right tube and baby was removed.

For the first 2 weeks of the pregnancy it felt like any other pregnancy, i had fullon symptoms, nausea, fatigue, headaches etc. Thhen detiariated over the last 5 days.

It's good that your GP is watching you closely to avoid anything happening to you like what happened to me, hopefully if it is something bad they will catch it early. BUT that said, I also picked up DS2's pregnancy very early, I was 11dpo, I had my first blood test come back at 53 and went on to have a perfect pregnancy with him. Goodluck hun

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Littlemissmetal For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ohdear View Post
    Thats the point I was trying to make with an ectopic you are usually in a lot of pain and once you are diagnosed as an ectopic you are treated either medically or surgically depending on your HCG levels. I wish I could have been monitored in ED as even the medical treatment is horrid

Any how thats not the point hope everything goes well for you

Thanks for sharing I am only 4.5 weeks and dr is doing lots of blood to monitor. I am not in pain or spotting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat13 View Post
    Hi Hokey Pokey

My only symptom was brown discarge for 3 days (not much) and then a bit of blood after sex. I went to the ER and they did a quick test, but I had been booked in to see my Obgyn 2 days later so they didnt do any ultrasounds.

I went to the Dr 2 days later and within minutes I was sent off to have an internal ultrasound. I hadn't felt any pain up to that point and could of sworn that the bub was forming on my left side. But unfortunately the little eggy was stuck in my right tube.

They gave me the methatrextate a few hours after that, and the next month has been horrid, but I'm finally recovering and look forward to getting my next period which will mean we are well on our way to trying again.

I am feeling really mixed about trying again, scared it will happen again, anxious that it will take a long time, and frustrated/sad that it all happened. This morning I was putting away the clean laundry and right at the bottom of the laundry basket, was the teeny tiny Sydney Uni hoodie that I bought and gave to my hubby when I found out I was UTD. It will come in handy soon!

My numbers were:

30/11 - 100
    2/12 - 143
    9/12 - 382
    16/12 - 917
    18/12 - 1264
    20/12 - 1570
    Methatrexate shot
    27/12 - 435
    4/01 - 217
    13/01 - 27
    19/01 - 14

I've got one last test booked in for next friday and fingers crossed I'm back to 0. Dr has suggested I start (to replenish all the folate I lost due to the chemo shot) and told us that we need to wait 2 cycles before trying again. Looks like at earliest we will have a Dec bub.

Hoping we fall really quickly and have a happy and safe bubba growing in the right place.

Your numbers are doing fine, keep it monitered.

Thankyou so much for taking the time to help me out I hope that you fall asap and have a healthy little bean next time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat13 View Post
    Dr has suggested I start (to replenish all the folate I lost due to the chemo shot) and told us that we need to wait 2 cycles before trying again. Looks like at earliest we will have a Dec bub.
    Yep that's one of the worst parts just when you start to recover you have to wait again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 79me View Post
    My levels were so low, that my body realised it wasn't a viable pregnancy. Stopped producing HCG and then had a 'miscarriage'.
    Can I ask what your level was?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 79me View Post
    Hokey, the only symptom I had was brown spotting, and some bleeding. I was never in any pain. Hopefully your numbers just start rising like they're meant to.
    I also was never in any pain with my ovarian ectopic. And I never had any bleeding. I was treated with methotrexate and about 2 weeks later miscarried and passed everything (was a lot larger than I expected).

We were told to wait at least 3 months before trying. And having a medical background and knowing about chemo drugs scared the crap out of me and we planned to wait a bit longer!!!

I guessed ectopic straight away as my numbers took a week to double. (were over 2000 though)

**** I can spell, honestly! It's my iPhone's fault ****

14. The Following User Says Thank You to giveitago For This Useful Post:

Hokey Pokey  (23-01-2012)