+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Gotcha - jasper still wouldn't have 'qualified' as being exclusive breast fed at 6 months though. He almost exclusively breast fed though! I just couldn't pump enough to leave him on the very very rare occasion I wasn't with him.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    DS2 fed DD a piece of corn when she was about 4 months old?? So I guess that counts her out too lol along with all the water she licks off the floor in the shower

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lulululu View Post
    Who's definition is this? It's certainly not my definition of ebf. I consider my 17mo son to be ebf. By that I mean he never had formula or cows milk or any other milk. He only drank breast milk, although sometimes he drank it out of a bottle when I was at work or somewhere else. He never had a dummy but he sucked his thumb occasionally (which I thought was sooo cute!) but even if he had a dummy I wouldn't consider that to mean he wasn't exclusively breast fed. He ate food from 6 months and drinks water but I still think he's my ebf baby!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app
    Hon I totally agree with you! I remember hearing it when dd was a newborn. I can't remember the source sorry. My dd had dummies. No issue with bf, she had water from 4 months as we were in the middle of a heat wave and would only bf with a flannel on her face and sips of water in between. I gave her ebm in bottles as I needed to and she needed solids from 17 weeks. I bf her exclusively until at least 12 months when she started cows milk for cereal etc and self weaned at 14 months. I would of happily fed her until at least 2yrs. I actually wanted to tandem
    Feed two bubs at two ages
    Last edited by Little-Pink-Hen; 27-01-2012 at 22:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by soccer mum View Post
    Thanks PPs for all the info. I am just wondering if anybody has any info on how it affects the mother to feed to 2yo? Is there any negative affects?
    I am curious as I am almost 1year BF and I am really tired, I feel like feeding really takes it out of me sometimes. I am going to be weaning soon to ttc but maybe I would have continued otherwise.
    Thanks...
    I agree with the previous posts, I don't think there are any negative effects for you provided you're eating well and staying hydrated and rested (I know rested is the hard one!). But if you're finding it emotionally/psychologically difficult then I guess that's a negative.

BF for a year is great, so don't feel bad if you feel like it's time to move on.