+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I just lift my top, bub covers my belly.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

FluffyDucks  (21-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have small boobs and haven't mastered the feeding discrete thing. My cousin has massive boobs and I've still never accidentally seen her boob when she's feeding. It's an art.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to elleseetee For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I used to worry as I have small boobs too but ended up not really caring who saw what lol not something I thought I'd ever say. I did however use the wrap or blanket off the pram initially and drape it over my shoulder and bubs head. I also used to keep the breast pad in my left hand while holding bubs with the right. That way if they did pull off I used to hide at least my nipple with the breast pad.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ICanDream For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by october View Post
    Mmm interesting, I've been wondering that too, will I make colostrum again or will it just be milk?
    You make colostrum again. I breastfed DS for 4 years and weaned him just before I fell pregnant with DD. The only difference I noticed was that my supply settled a lot quicker this time, but otherwise my milk came in on day 3, same as with DS.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I have a bunch of bf singlets I bought from KMart when they were on sale for $3. I also have a few loose bolaro (sp?) style cardigan type things that have ties in the front so I can put one over the top to dress up the singlet a bit. However saying that, my 13 month old DD insists on pushing up my shirt to expose as much b00b as possible. I'm not terribly confident in public, I will generally sit with my back to as many people as possible but I refuse to put a wrap or blanket over her. She's also an on-off-on-off-on-off feeder.

ETA: I buy my better bf tops from motherwear.com

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have bigger sized breasts but my problem is that I am ashamed of them because they are really saggy and my nipple points down. At first it was really hard for me because I really hate them. But I just ended up feeding DD1 however I liked with whatever showing in public. It was too hard otherwise. She hated any type of cover, including my t-shirt being above her face. She would scream and refuse to feed which would just draw more attention than pulling my breast out over my top in the first place. Once the baby is attached I think it shows as much as normal cleavage anyway so I just told myself that and concentrated on looking at DD so I wouldn't notice anyone looking if they even did. My anxiety over getting my baby fed before she started screaming was great than my anxiety of anyone seeing my horrible boobs! lol

DD2 was easier as she liked having a muslin wrap over her while feeding so I just did that. It never fully covered her or my breast up though, as it was usually just dangling over my shoulder.

I have seen women with massive breasts feeding in public and not covering anything. You still don't see much. I have DD breasts, so not as big, but they still aren't completely covered by a baby when feeding. As long as my nipple isn't showing I figure it's fine and other people can get over it if they think it isn't! This time around I will be feeding a newborn in winter and I get vasospasm... so I might need a scarf for my boob to feed!! lol

I love when other women feed in public and don't do a thing to cover up if they don't want to. If you want to cover up that's fine too, the easiest way would probably be a breastfeeding cover that is specially made. If you google image them you will see what I mean

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TinyLittleTootsies For This Useful Post:

FluffyDucks  (21-01-2012),trishalishous  (21-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wear strapless dresses (mostly with shirred bodices) and a bolero/shrug thingo, you can free the boob with the dress still up, put bub in place and just whip the boob out of the top, then I pull the bolero over the 'side boob' that is showing. All in all, I am covered completely (16E-18DD) and bubs doesn't have to have their face covered.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daydream Believer For This Useful Post:

FluffyDucks  (21-01-2012),trishalishous  (21-01-2012)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Loveable make feeding singlets for larger b00bies, they are more expensive but are a good quality and hold their shape. I've just put mine away to save them for next time. So I would drop the cups on the singlet and bra (I always wore both out in public) and lift my shirt up so it was just clear of dd's face.

I like to think that I was doing a community service by demonstrating that the larger, unruly, non-magazine b00bs should still be allowed to feed wherever we like
    Last edited by SpecialPatrolGroup; 21-01-2012 at 12:20.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How do I feed in public? I just whip it out!
    I have normal sized b00bs (D) and live in the tropics so its just too blo0dy hot to cover either of us with anything. For the same reason I find it too hot to layer, so I just wear tops that pull down (singlets, bonds bump or normal with a bra under) and pop one out whenever and wherever DD needs it :-) All my friends are the same so I think nobody dares glare or look sideways at us when there is a small army of BFing mummies!

I had someone that I was loosely acquianted with comment recently that they were surprised that a young (25) "hot" mummy was breastfeeding at all, let alone in public .... do young "hot" mummies not breastfeed?! I *think* it was a compliment but left me thinking about it all day in confusion!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to breakthemould For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have an "udder cover" you often get a promo code to get it free and just pay postage. It's got a boned bit at the neckline that allows you to see what's going on. I didn't get one for ages cause I wasn't keen on how they look, but if you want to cover up, something like that is awesome

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruby_Tuesday15 For This Useful Post: