+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My son loved his rocker. We have so many wraps its not funny. DS hated being wrapped up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Tomee Tipee Nappy wrapper, complete waste of money for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I agree about the nappy wrapper. I got one given to me and used it once and thought that I could still smell the nappies, so I never used it again.

Wouldnt be without a change table however. DH is 6ft 5in so getting down onto the floor to change a nappy is not easy for him. We both used it with DD1 until she was 2 y/o and still using it with DD2 and she is 14 m/o.

I had a baby bjorn carrier which was great while bubs was tiny however once they got a bit bigger (maybe about 3 months) it just killed my back when using it. I dont have an ergo but have heard lots of good things about them.

Also, in my opinion you do not need to spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars on a cot. All cots have to meet Australian Standards and there are cots starting as cheap as $99. In fact Target has one on special this week for $150 that looks very nice.

Trial lots of prams. Work out what you want (ie: do you want bubs to be able to face you? do you need an adjustable handle? do you need it to take a second seat? is size/weight a consideration). I had an expensive pram with basinette and then seat for DD1, but swapped to a Baby Jogger City Mini with DD2 because it was much lighter to get in and out of the car and easy to push one handed so I could still hold DD1's hand.

Good luck. Have fun preparing for your baby's arrival.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    nappy wrapper bin - hopeless invention as you can still smell the nappy.

baby bath - too messy and annoying to fill and empty. the laundry sink was a better solution. though we did bath our pup in it a lot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut2011 View Post
    Avent bottles drive me nuts sometimes! 6/7 or mine are the colic reducing ones (misty with the blue ring inside) - you have to put the top on not too tight but not too loose (for air to get in) and still 11 months later they leak all over my hand when I shake them!

We used muslin wraps constantly for the first 3 months - DS needed to be mummified to go to sleep. Would never go without a change table, but the twisty nappy bin thing was pointless coz the liners are very costly.

I had the same trouble with the Avent bottles and googled the issue... It's to do with lining the teat up. You have three little two striped things on the outside ring, you need to line up two of those with the screw on rings in the bottle lid... I hope that makes sense! Also I found with the colic ones that if you do it up really tight then twist it back a little and tighten it again slightly it helps... Sorry if it sounds confusing... Hope this helps!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JessaKye For This Useful Post:

MoonMoon  (21-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I regret trying to find a stroller to meet EVERY need the first time round. A year later it broke anyway, and by age 2, I had three strollers, most bought 2nd hand in excellent condition or online - big, jogging pram with air-filled tyres which stays put up in our garage for daily walks with dog (weighs an absolute boatload so I hate to pack it up/lift it), medium weight/size stroller ($80??) which lays down somewhat, has a good sunshade and tall-ish handles to put in the car for longer trips outside the house, and also a $15 brolly stroller which lives in my car (still!) which weighs only 3 kilos (I kid you not!) which I love if your kid needs to be contained, but you're not going out for that long, or you absolutely must have a stroller and tackle stairs, or just that emergency unexpected time you'll need a stroller ...

Used a 'co-sleeper' once before deciding it was more dangerous than having the kid in bed with you naturally and returned it the nxt day. Regretted buying Jumperoo brand new as kid hated it. Just about all of my big gear I bought second hand or I inherited used - great savings. I was going to skip a change table, but hubby didn't feel confident with the kid on top of drawers, so we got one and used it 'til age 2. Good shelves to put nappies, creams, wipes etc on.

Mostly I would say don't hesitate to buy something used in good/excellent condition!! Except for car seats - go new there Also, go light on the clothing purchases - you'll receive LOTS of gifts for your first and they grow SO fast the outfits just get wasted - plus you don't know whether your kid will be long, fat etc and some brands just work better for different shapes.

Good luck!!
    Last edited by anninkc; 21-01-2012 at 21:02.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, and I forgot - too many toys!!!!! People will give you gifts, and really - most kids are happy playing with a few pegs, old plastic bottles (no lids), wooden spoons, tiny tupperware containers, tissue boxes, toilet rolls - really! All those big toys are a waste of money - or, in my case, anything I bought that was electric (hardly any) I bought used from Vinnie's or Lifeline.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm noticing a few items that keep being mentioned Thanks ladies, it's useful to know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm subscribing. First time mum here so all of this is helpful. <3

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is great.....i have every thing that ppl are saying not to worry with (my first baby and im the super anal, organised type),getting a little worried that i have wasted a lot of money and space!

Sarah :-)