+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleven Eleven View Post
    Nar u can't put the teats in the dishwasher. Makes them go all deformed.

I use my change table all the time.

I never used the sling or baby bjorn. I'm to small and they didn't sit properly and hurt. (baby LOVED them!)
    I've never had a teat become deformed :s

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Play gym - it was expensive and never got used.

Big fancy, expensive pram ($700ish Strider DLX, he loved it as a small bub but once he hit 6 months he hated it and preferred his el cheapo stroller).

Baby carrier...again, expensive and he hated it. I think we used it once for 10 minutes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I love having a change table. It's used for 99% of nappy changes. I didn't even buy it either, a friend lent it to me.

I wish I hand't bought a My Brest Friend feeding pillow and a baby carrier. i'm hoping to still get around to start using the baby carrier now that DS is starting to support his head so I can have him facing out. The feeding pillow is great but never gets used because I feel distressed making DS wait for his feed while I get organised putting it on, hence only using it twice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    A bumbo... He started sitting up by himself literally 2 days after I bought it. D'oh!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Avent bottles drive me nuts sometimes! 6/7 or mine are the colic reducing ones (misty with the blue ring inside) - you have to put the top on not too tight but not too loose (for air to get in) and still 11 months later they leak all over my hand when I shake them!

We used muslin wraps constantly for the first 3 months - DS needed to be mummified to go to sleep. Would never go without a change table, but the twisty nappy bin thing was pointless coz the liners are very costly.

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We spent $200 on four "escape proof" baby wraps. DD had to be wrapped for a bit and she kept wriggling out of the ones she had.

We were so relieved getting the new ones. We strapped her in, four velcro tabs, a length of fabric that wrapped around, it even had little pockets for their hands.
    We thought "Ha! Finally! A good night's sleep". Put her in it, placed her in the crib, walked away. I remembered that I forgot to turn the light off, I swear I'd only taken about 2 steps away from the door. I came back in and not only were her hands out of it, she'd also kicked it off her top half and it was tangled in her feet.

We took them back to the store and thankfully got a full refund.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nappy bin!! Thought I HAD to have it then filled it once and it's still sitting in the shed.. But I have to say a change table is the one thing I couldn't live without. I still use it and my DD is 2 1/2.. I have a chest of draws that the change mat fits on top of so once she is potty trained I can just take the mat off and use it to store keep sakes.

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=savanah rae;6326130]Nappy bin!! Thought I HAD to have it then filled it once and it's still sitting in the shed/QUOTE]

I hope it's not full while it's in the shed, because that is going to be one nasty surprise for whoever open the lid next

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ToughLove For This Useful Post:

naebie  (21-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The sling and gro-bags. DD liked to have her arms and legs free. She loved the Baby Bjorne.

size 0 shoes were a waste of money. Her feet were too narrow to keep them on.

I agree that a chest of draws at waist height makes a handy change platform. I didn't buy a change table. I didn't buy a baby monitor either. I woke as soon as she stirred.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Change table and rocking chair.