+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I still use my change table! ( DS is 15 months) and the swing was great for me to take into kitchen etc when he was little, the main things I didn't use was the nappy bag ( I just used my big handbags and got an insert) baby bath, we used maybe for 3 weeks, I also bought those expensive cot sensors but never used it as we co-slept!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Nappy Bin, Ergo.. DS hates it with a passion! Avent bottles!

I loved our swing, never bothered with a change table, i just use a mat on the floor or the bed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have the fisher price aquarium swing...one of my best baby purchases. Was great for cooking/eating, I could pop DS when little in it and mop the floor around him and also was great to help lull DS to sleep when he wouldn't go down or woke after 20 minutes and would not resettle.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to davally For This Useful Post:

mrswhitehouse  (21-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Still using our change table at 17 mths. Love my ergo especially when traveling we brought/ given way too many clothes. Grow suites are the best. Never really use my nappy bag but brought a cheap one . Didn't use all the mcn I got infact only used three/4 times! Oops!

buy a good car seat first time hen you won't need to get another later (s we did lol)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to smootch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Capsule: had CS so I couldn't drive for 6wks then DS was a big baby & outgrew it at 8wks. So a whole 2 weeks all up! And I only took it out of the car once cause it was so bloomin heavy!

Sleep Monitor with sensors: paid $400 for a medically certified, top of the line system cause both DH & I have major sleep/breathing issues. DS turned out to be a reflux baby and had to have his mattress elevated and so we couldn't use the sensors! So we bought a $30 sound only one, but the dog would hear DS wake and would bark before the monitor even kicked in so all up $430 for nothing!

***How's my spelling? Call 1800 iPhone***

Thanks
    Reviews
    We bought a chest of drawers that could fit a change mat on top, it served it's purpose as a change table (with the top drawer for wipes, creams etc) and now it keeps DD's clothes.

Depending on space, next time round I don't think we'll bother with the bassinette.

DD used to sleep in her bouncer thingo for day sleeps as she had reflux.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What some people didn't use, others love. I use my change table every change still, dd is 20m. We both loved the swing. Capsule was fantastic. Rocking chair was a godsend and i still feed dd in it twice a day. So there's no way to know what you'll want/like/need.

For me personally, the shopping trolley insert was the biggest waste (used it about 3 times). Pretty much everything else I got I've been very happy with.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mezmerised For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lolz83 View Post
    By the way - is putting babies bottles in the dishwasher as effective as a steriliser? My dishwasher gets so bloomin hot and steamy that I figure that will be effective!
    Does a better job, just don't put spag bog pans that havent been rinsed in with bottles. Not the nest end result, our bottles went feral.

Don't waste money on a steriliser.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The only thing I can think of is the baby bath, I really only use it for the first week then the novelty wears off and I use the normal bath. It's such a pain to fill the baby bath - and empty it!. If I had my time over I would get one of these instead: http://shop.bigpond.com/Product.asp?...tail&ID=135295
    Once you have one child, it's much easier to put bubs in with them, or before them.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    ^^ Ahh yes, the baby bath. We used ours once (for his first bath), and then he just went in the shower with me, sitting on my lap on the floor when young.