+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Gosh I have heaps-

I used to have slumber parties all the time and my dad and my brother would plan for weeks to scare us - ( imagine about 8 x 10 year old girls!) raw octopus in the bottom of the chip bowl, fart spray, fake snakes in sleeping bags , scary noises, toilet seat boobie trapped with bungers etc... My girlfriends would be scared stiff but would beg me to have more slumber parties!

Dad always took me (from when I was about 7 onwards) on date nights once a month , usually to dinner and then a movie or shopping , I always got to pick where we went, made me feel very special and grown up! ( DH reckons this is why I'm so high maintenance now!)

My nan used to take us ( cousins and siblings) down the local park ( had a big creek running through it) every month or so to try and spot fairies coming to drink at the creek, she used to say " there's one!" and even though none of us saw it we all pretended we did while secretly thinking " I can't see it!" i can't wait to take DS fairy spotting at that same park, every time I drive past it or walk by that creek I think of nan and secretly wish a fairy would appear!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

FloatingFairy  (22-01-2012),Mod-Uniquey  (20-01-2012)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wow Uniquey - your story is just beautiful. It brought a tear to my eye!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

Mod-Uniquey  (20-01-2012)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh I forgot another one - Christmas memories. Christmas is HUGE in our family, and it was such a magical, amazing event. I have so many incredible memories...I loved sleeping in the same room as my sisters, waiting for morning to come so that we could discover what Santa had brought us. Such beautiful memories

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I had many fun sleep overs with my best friend (met in grade 2 and are still friends, though not quite as close now and she lives interstate). We would talk and talk for hours on end, usually until a parent would poke their head in the door and say "Oi, you two, go to sleep". Such good times.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    Wow Uniquey - your story is just beautiful. It brought a tear to my eye!
    Same, just beautiful...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    spending hours with my next door neighbor playing in trees, cubbyhouse, with our dolls, riding bikes in the street

the holidays dad uses to take us on- always fabulous memories

my Christmases growing up were always magical too

12. The Following User Says Thank You to EmPowering For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    and my dad would always do the 'got ya nose' trick and pretend to take my nose and it would actually be his thumb I between his fingers hahaha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Elijah's Mum, Witwicky and LG, all your memories have made me . Isn't it amazing how many you can recall and then think of even more, just stuff!

Elijah's Mum, your Dad and brother sound like a hoot! What AMAZING slumber parties you would've had!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Uniquey View Post
    Elijah's Mum, Witwicky and LG, all your memories have made me . Isn't it amazing how many you can recall and then think of even more, just stuff!

Elijah's Mum, your Dad and brother sound like a hoot! What AMAZING slumber parties you would've had!
    The funny thing is they still are! This Xmas they bought each other remote controlled spiders, fart machines and a device that buzzes like a mozzy when the light gets turned off! My niece just turned 7 so they are hoping she will start having slumber parties soon .........

mummabec is offline I could hold you for a million years, to make you feel my love
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I remember when I was probably 6 staying at my nana and pop's house hiding under their doona and them pretending they couldn't find me then giving up and making the bed. Only to find me under the covers... I thought I was soo clever!!

And pop letting us 'drive' his car into the garage!

I remember sing and dancing in our pjs with my Bestie and bot our mums who were also besties! All in our pjs to Womack and Womack's teardrops, great song!!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to mummabec For This Useful Post: