+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Perigestational bleed

Hi all, I'm currently 6wk4dys and my ultrasound showed up a small perigetational bleed just right of the gestational sac. It's only 1.8cm across so classified as small, but doc is monitoring bloods for the next couple of weeks and has me on best rest so im a little freaked out. Anyone have experiences with this???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Waitingfornumber2 - I also have a perigestational bleed. I am 8 wks 4days and it was discovered at my dating scan last week. Mine is 2cm. My doctor did not seem overly concerned but has told me to take it easy (no more jogging or bike riding - just gentle walking and swimming for exercise). I'm not really sure what to think about it. I'm just hoping that it will be gone by my 13wk NT scan. Have you been given any furhter info from your doc? My doc didn't give me ANY info about it, I got more info from the sonographer and stuff I have read on the Internet (bad move!).

Thanks
    Reviews
    The Internet information was actually more soothing to me than my doctor believe it or not! He basically said what was going to happen with the baby was up in the air and demanded i didn't work for 2 weeks (bit tough as it was the first 2weeks of school and I'm a teacher!). He then said I'd need blood tests to monitor my hcg. Since the initial appointment I've had 2 blood tests and hormones are increasing nicely. Im booked in for another ultrasound tuesday to check the bleed (I'll be 9wk, 1dy). Just hoping its gone :|
    Your Doctor seems way less concerned, mine has me freaked out lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ps looks like you're due around the same time as me I'm currently 8wk6dys

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can see why you're freaking out. I would be too if my doc had said that to me. There seems to be a lot of conflicting information about the level of risk invovled with this condition. It's really doing my head in. I am just trying REALLY hard to not think about it too much. I agree that some of the informaiton on the Internet was reassuring but the more you read you always come across some horror story or worst case scenario. I haven't had any bleeding so far, have you?

Good luck with your scan on Tuesday. Fingers crossed it will be gone or at the very least reduced in size. I'll check in next week to see how you went. I have to wait 4 more weeks for my next scan...it's going to be a long 4weeks! Oh and yes, our dates must be almost the same, I'm due 11/09!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm the 10/9! Yep it's always the worst case scenario that has your heart in your throat. I'll let you know how the scan goes tomorrow

Thanks
    Reviews
    And nope, no bleeding at all! That's why I was a little shocked to hear about it at my last ultrasound !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a perigestational bleed with DS (diagnosed after a gush at 5 weeks - was told 'threatened mc' and take it easy to see what happens). I bled, clotted and cramped for 3 weeks straight and had a healthy pregnancy and baby 8 months later!

With DD I had a 'significant' perinatal hematoma at the same stage, bled/cramped/clotted on and off uuntil 20weeks but had healthy bub at the end.

Very common and try not to panic, most end with healthy babies

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

9. The Following User Says Thank You to breakthemould For This Useful Post:

squirrelex  (06-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by breakthemould View Post
    I had a perigestational bleed with DS (diagnosed after a gush at 5 weeks - was told 'threatened mc' and take it easy to see what happens). I bled, clotted and cramped for 3 weeks straight and had a healthy pregnancy and baby 8 months later!

With DD I had a 'significant' perinatal hematoma at the same stage, bled/cramped/clotted on and off uuntil 20weeks but had healthy bub at the end.

Very common and try not to panic, most end with healthy babies

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    Thanks so much for responding, it definitely puts the mind at ease a little

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was diagnosed with one at 6w4days with DS. I had random bleeds up till 14 weeks then DS was born healthy and strong months later and now is an energetic 2 year old.

I too was placed on bed rest for 3 days (with threatened m/c), told to take it easy after that but by my 20 week scan it was gone and caused no further complications with my pregnancy.