+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pippy the Hippo View Post
    A while ago I started a thread "what did he buy"..... It was about my DP who took his big savings card and wouldn't tell me what he was buying.

Long story short ... He ALMOST bought a camper trailer!! A $5000-7000 camper trailer... For "us".. Or so he said...

Ummmmm.... What do I want a camper for? We have never even been camping together? And we have a baby on the way? Lol.... I am so lucky he didn't buy it because heads would have rollllllllled!
    Ah, so that's what it was! At least he thought it through before buying it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DH has never done that. Is be furious if he spent that type of money without discussing it first.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pippy the Hippo View Post
    A while ago I started a thread "what did he buy"..... It was about my DP who took his big savings card and wouldn't tell me what he was buying.

Long story short ... He ALMOST bought a camper trailer!! A $5000-7000 camper trailer... For "us".. Or so he said...

Ummmmm.... What do I want a camper for? We have never even been camping together? And we have a baby on the way? Lol.... I am so lucky he didn't buy it because heads would have rollllllllled!
    Oh wow and here we all were thinking he was being romantic! I would kill DP if he even contemplated spending that sort of money on anything without consulting me first!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    yes i would be a tad upset if finances didnt allow it. i would hope that dp would discuss it with me first and we could work out something, maybe negotiate for a different product.
    i had financial woes with my ex, he was a problem gambler and we were constantly broke because of his spending.
    but with my current bloke i dont have any money dramas because we dont live together and our finances are seperate

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dh being the big fisherman that he is, he only uses the best of the best equipment and spends a fortune on it meaning rods and reels that cost between $350-$700 each. I love fishing too but don't Understand the expense of it. But in saying that.... He thinks the same of my ever expanding shoes, dresses and handbag collection. Last count I had 47 handbags, 70 pairs of shoes and I couldn't even count my dresses so perhaps we are even

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    No... DP doesn't pretend things are presents when he buys something costly, he just spews it's benefits endlessly... even though I think he's just making up things to justify his spend.

He always has big costly spends, but given he's earning a fair bit at the moment, I figure he can if he wants.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No, he always consults with me first. And I usually say NO WAY!!! even though he's on damn good money his work is not as stable as he likes to think it is.

I gave him HEAPS when he spent 8.5k on a MOWER!!! We had just bought our new farm and while we did need a ride on for our massive lawn, I just thought it was a bit much.... I tell you what though.. I LOVE THAT THING!!! I use it almost everyday, we dont have a tractor and it came with a trailer which is mush better than a wheel barrow.

I did just recently buy 2 shops while he was away at work though, so I guess I cant complain....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I'd be annoyed if it was totally out of budget. But with other things of DF buys something I go okay fine whatever but you sort out how to pay for it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    Dh being the big fisherman that he is, he only uses the best of the best equipment and spends a fortune on it meaning rods and reels that cost between $350-$700 each. I love fishing too but don't Understand the expense of it. But in saying that.... He thinks the same of my ever expanding shoes, dresses and handbag collection. Last count I had 47 handbags, 70 pairs of shoes and I couldn't even count my dresses so perhaps we are even
    I can sympathise with you on the fishing mad partners - my DP is one too. He just got a $1200 fishing kayak and then he went and spent almost $500 on a reel, A REEL WTF And dont even get me started on the guitars

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Azurial View Post
    No, he always consults with me first. And I usually say NO WAY!!! even though he's on damn good money his work is not as stable as he likes to think it is.

I gave him HEAPS when he spent 8.5k on a MOWER!!! We had just bought our new farm and while we did need a ride on for our massive lawn, I just thought it was a bit much.... I tell you what though.. I LOVE THAT THING!!! I use it almost everyday, we dont have a tractor and it came with a trailer which is mush better than a wheel barrow.

I did just recently buy 2 shops while he was away at work though, so I guess I cant complain....
    Does it have LED lights and a push to start button?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Chocolate All Gone Now For This Useful Post:

Azurial  (20-01-2012)