+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Would you be upset?

Would you be upset if your partner bought something expensive and unnecessary and tried to palm it off as a present?

I just ask because we're still paying off DP's stupid mother's day present to me (a Macbook Pro) that we couldn't afford at the time and still can't really afford.

So, has your DP spent money on something silly and unneeded? How did it make you feel?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yeah,i would be annoyed.
    My DH bought a 50 inch TV,when we already had a perfectly fine 42 inch,and really you cant even notice the difference in size!!!
    But it was his money he spent,so cant really care that much!

Thanks
    Reviews
    my DH hasn't but friends of ours he brought a motarised golf buggy so he could walk around the course it cost $2500 and he has used it twice and now he gets a cart every week at $20 a week, I would hit the roof if DH did that, we talk about all big purchases except for birthday and xmas presents and i normally growl at how much he spends
    I make my DH walk over winter but can understand why in summer he would want a cart..

AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know. Maybe.

DH got me a Wii for Xmas which was clearly a present for him, but I am enjoying it too, and we can afford it so a bit different.

He got annoyed at me the other day for bringing home a new ($60) guilty function centre when we have a 'perfectly good' dust filled printer that's been stuffed under the bed for 4 years. So I guess it's a personal thing.

AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha that ment to say 'muilty function centre' lol

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AndrewTheEmu For This Useful Post:

naebie  (20-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    A while ago I started a thread "what did he buy"..... It was about my DP who took his big savings card and wouldn't tell me what he was buying.

Long story short ... He ALMOST bought a camper trailer!! A $5000-7000 camper trailer... For "us".. Or so he said...

Ummmmm.... What do I want a camper for? We have never even been camping together? And we have a baby on the way? Lol.... I am so lucky he didn't buy it because heads would have rollllllllled!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This hasn't happened to me but my SILs husband bought her for her 30th birthday a new car radio and for christmas the installation for it.

The old car radio was fine just without a iPod connection.

Needless to say she was NOT pleased.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would be very upset if DH did that - money is too tight to mention at the moment. He got a loan through his work for $400 for computer gear (he's spent thousands on it already) and will be paying that off over the next few weeks. It annoys me a lot to be honest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Money is tight here too, but it wasn't as tight at the time. I would have been just as happy with something much smaller, or nothing at all, I just thought it was silly for him to flexi rent it as well, without knowing whether we'd be in a position to pay it monthly.

I'm glad I am not the only one who has had to deal with silly purchases!

Thanks
    Reviews
    If we couldn't afford it and he knew we couldn't then feck yes I would be. My last relationship ended pretty much over money issues, he would just spend every cent that come in and we were never in front, when we needed to pay a bill or something, we would have no money because he would have spent it all on useless crap, so then we would have to get short loans, pay advances, borrow money etc. I HATED it.
    I have worked very hard and sacrificed SO much to get on top of things, and finally get a healthy savings balance, so if DP went on any unnecessary shopping spree I would lose my shiz with him.