+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bellalika View Post
    You can buy "H" harnesses that go with the Comfi cruiser too for when your child grows out of the 5 point harness. Not sure if you can with other brands but hubby made sure you could with this seat.
    H harnesses are well and truly not as safe as a seatbelt, the obly time you should use a h harness is if your child is in the middle seat and it only has a lap seat belt!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bellalika View Post
    I wasn't sure. Thanks. It is handy info to know.

I'll keep a look out at Knox for you when I'm there on Tuesday but I'm not sure how accessable that is for you.
    Thanks that would be great. I'm in the eastern suburbs, so perfect!! I'm going to check out Baby Bunting during the week. DD2's shoulders are just reaching the same height as the top harness slot so she still has a little bit of time, I'm hoping I can find something on sale and layby it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    www.crep.com.au This is where the various automobile organisations get their info from. I like this website as it also shows the other names the seat is known by and the seats rating in other modes.

I would go babylove easy combo - it actually rates better than the maxi rider.
    Or a infa secure roamer plus/comfi cruiser etc. This also rates well. I have the roamer plus in DH's car for DS and have been happy with it. His head does fall forward on long journey's which we do often but we don't often use this seat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by luey View Post
    www.crep.com.au This is where the various automobile organisations get their info from. I like this website as it also shows the other names the seat is known by and the seats rating in other modes.

I would go babylove easy combo - it actually rates better than the maxi rider.
    Or a infa secure roamer plus/comfi cruiser etc. This also rates well. I have the roamer plus in DH's car for DS and have been happy with it. His head does fall forward on long journey's which we do often but we don't often use this seat.
    Beat in mind though these are NOT the latest version of these seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub-that's why it's full of bad grammar and spelling mistakes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have the BabyLove Ezy Combo in DH's car and it is great. Much cheaper than the Maxi Rider (I got it on sale for $130) and as PP have said, rates better.

Does anyone know when the new CREP ratings come out?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kezanazz View Post
    Beat in mind though these are NOT the latest version of these seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub-that's why it's full of bad grammar and spelling mistakes!
    Many carseats have stayed the same for years. If they are different they usually have a different name or number. The new meridian AHR tilt and Adjust gets 4 stars in both modes. The older version the meridian AHR is also tested and has a lesser rating.

It is my understanding when the height based system came in the carseats themselves did not change apart from two pieces of tape that indicates height requirements.

Obviously not all carseats are tested and new ones are often being released. The CREP website is however a good starting point as it also offers dimensions of seats and is very simple to compare.
    ETA:
    In recent years the results have been released in March. One year it was delayed however. Now they have their own website it will be a lot easier. I hope they test the maxi-cosi seats.
    Last edited by Hullabalu; 23-01-2012 at 15:42.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hullabalu For This Useful Post:

Mezmerised  (23-01-2012)