+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default High Risk NT results

Hi all,
    Had my 12 wk scan and came back as high risk being 1/189 at 29yrs of age. The bloods were fine (1/995) but the measurements weren't. I've read posts about the bloods being high risk but would live some encouraging and also honest posts from those whose measurements were bad

DH wants to have a CVS next wk as he can't wait and I do too I think but I'm worried about the risks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    BBoo I am so sorry you are in this situation. I think only the two of you can decide what is right for you.
    The CVS is higher risk than an amnio but for an amnio you would have to wait until 16 weeks. It all depends on what you would do if your results confirmed a chromsomal abnormality.
    The thing is its just a risk assessment and not diagnostic and the overwhelming chance is that your bub is fine. Very difficult though I know. Sorry this prob wasnt very helpful but good luck and

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluemoon82 For This Useful Post:

BBoo  (21-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi BBoo, as angelmummy said, it is a risk assessment only. Only you can make the decision whether you want to do more testing and that is up to you and only you. The probability is that your baby is fine but if you want to know for sure then the CVS or amnio offers that. Like everything in life there is risks either way. Coming from a sonographer (myself) who came out 1 in 450 on my NT, nothing really stood out about my bub it was a combination of bloods and measurements that gave my result, I didn't have an amnio, waited for my morph scan and everything was perfect. You can never completely rule out genetic syndromes with the morph scan, but I am at peace with my decision. Good luck with whatever you decide!!