+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Do ya think its jynxing to buy gender specific clothes at 15wks? Lol

We went to the Target baby sale today and put some stuff on lay by. DH picked out some *blue* suits because he's really convinced we're having a boy. I picked some reds and greens that didn't really indicate anything. I know its almost silly to go on gender neutral colours but yknow, I didn't want to jinx myself.

I really don't mind if for the first three weeks if its a girl and is wearing blue, that's cool.

I'm probably rambling. We have no hard evidence we're even having a boy, just hunches and thinking we saw something maybe at a scan.

Anyone else done similiar? Or else just post and let me know I'm not crazy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It's not jinxing it. The sex isn't going to change.

... Are they laybyd until you will know the sex?

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Heres what i did.

I made two laybys, one full of pink stuff and one full of blue. Went and cancelled the one that wasnt needed the day after my scan (my pretty pink parcel went back on the shelves *sob sob*)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

Littlemissmetal  (19-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondEyes View Post
    Heres what i did.

I made two laybys, one full of pink stuff and one full of blue. Went and cancelled the one that wasnt needed the day after my scan (my pretty pink parcel went back on the shelves *sob sob*)
    That's a good idea!

Well speaking from my experience, I found out at 16weeks DS2 was a "girl" another scan at 19weeks confirmed he was a "girl" so of course we went and brought pink, had a follow up scan at 23weeks were it was revieled she was a he. But I don't think buying pink jinxed it lol, as a PP said, gender doesn't change.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I said that to DH by the time we get the layby off we will hopefully know pink or blue. But he's convinced so no need lol, and I don't really need much pink stuff as my two girls have a few hand me downs.

Im more worried about the dissapointment he'll have, and maybe me a little, if its a girl and then having to face the blue suit... hmm, well, we'll see in a few weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just keep the dockets so you can return if needed. I bought boys nursery decor- a canvas wall print, bunting, lamp and a quilt before I had my scan. The shop was closing down and everything was half price, but I couldn't return it. I kept my fingers crossed that I didn't have to put it on eBay a couple if weeks later!
    Hope you get a little man- they're awesome!