+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Luca - because DH is a <insert horrible swear word here>

Mia - because I wasted it on my cat.

Lola & Millie - Because my sister wasted them on her cats

Lily - because I have a friend whose eldest daughter has this name...and she called her 2nd DD the same name as my first! Its one of our favourite names too

Gabriella - because DH totally ruined it for me with something so vulgar I refuse to repeat it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RunningWithScissors For This Useful Post:

lonni  (20-01-2012)

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Anything like Charlie {for a girl}, Makayla, Phoenix, Raven, Bella, Blake, Jason, Chloe, Maddison, Isabella, Lilly, Xavier, Riley, Aiden...it goes on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peanuthead View Post
    Really? No!

I'd be pretty miffed if I were the daughter!

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub
    She was a single mum, thought she'd never get the daughter she dreamed of calling Isabella, got a dog, called her Isabella, remarried, had the daughter and decided she had to use it.

I used to find it hilarious to ask who the dog food was for, or who turded on the lawn... Easily amused.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

naebie  (20-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    While it's not a horrible name, Eugene. DP keeps bringing it up, and has done since before we had DS1, it just doesn't do it for me. I could see the little guy being picked on at school.

Nmgb is offline No relationship is all sunshine, but two people can share one umbrella and survive the storm ♡
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Seth - cos my dad's partner's ex step daughter (did you catch all that? Lol) has a son named this

Sarah - cos it's my dad's partner's ex step daughter's name

Alexander/Lex - because my sister named her son Xander

Demi - I really LOVE this name but it's my mum's best friends daughter.

Gabrielle - cos a sister was "almost named that" so she owns it for if she ever has a daughter

Lillian - had it picked for my angel bub and mum used it for my sister who had a close due date...

In case you can't tell my family seem to think they control the names I choose and I have been known to back down because I don't want to rock the boat...

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mother was born in Italy, so I have a whole selection of Italian names to choose from. As this bub is the first grandchild on four sides (both my parents, DP's mother, DP's father and DP's step-mother), we're under a teeny bit of pressure to use a "family" name. I actually don't mind since I'm a traditionalist.

BUT .... some of the names!!!!!! These are the ones which are DEFINATELY out:

Ildebrando
    Luigi
    Mario
    Bruno
    Giovanni (although I don't mind John or Johnny, English equivalent)
    Philomena
    Bianca (she was a cow)
    Lucia (my aunt's name - pity, it's the only one I really like)
    Alberto
    Llewellan
    Isabelle (althogh we like Annabelle as a compromise, since this is sooooo over-popular at the moment)
    Lorna

We DO like Alice, Annabelle and Kathleen Francis (together) if it's a girl. Maxwell is a strong fore-runner for a boy, along with John. I also love Sofie/Sofia for a girl, but my cousin's wife is being induced on Monday and they are calling their daughter Sophie. However since I only see them once a year .... maybe? The other is Eleanor, from my Nonna's name of Elena, and I love Ellie too. Darn it!! I have too many I love at the moment, mostly girls names

Oh, and we're definatley not calling it Albie, since that's the dog's name.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lonni View Post
    For me i am not using any of the new word names like Reverie, Bourgouis, Drummer, Glow, Apple or Boheme.
    Haha Lonni I am going to take a stab and guess that you read Girl's Gone Child?

Im not a fan of names like that either. FFor me, nothing too new-age. I like older, easy to spell names that have worn well and aren't followed by a "huh?".

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GreenMama For This Useful Post:

lonni  (20-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ex MIL named her dogs Josephine Miranda and Jessica Louise, such nice names wasted on dogs! I was mad as it just made naming that bit harder. Pets should have pet names, I think this thread is proof of that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lucas. Used to love this name until I married someone with a surname that rhymes with it. Too scared the child will be called mucous puke-us Lucas.

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    She was a single mum, thought she'd never get the daughter she dreamed of calling Isabella, got a dog, called her Isabella, remarried, had the daughter and decided she had to use it.

I used to find it hilarious to ask who the dog food was for, or who turded on the lawn... Easily amused.
    We have a friend who has a baby girl called Charlie, is now pregnant with a boy they're calling Charles, and their two whippets are Charleston and Chuckles.

Yep, that's endless amusement as well.