+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 4 year old sudden sleep issues

My 4 yo has, for the past few months, decided that she needs someone to lie down with her for her to fall asleep. Mostly this is an ok but atricky juggling act for me to do - if she goes to sleep within a few minutes it's fine, it's the nights that she ****farts around that are hard with other children/jobs/dinner and, well, socialization with my husband that i see for three hours each night, that suffers.

Until we camped for three weeks (her and i shared a bed) four months ago she was awesome at going to bed - into to bed sometimes mucked around, read books, but always fell asleep within about 20 mins on her own.

Who else went thru a similar phase and how did it pan out? I just keep hoping she will get over it soon and be back to the usual goodnight story/massage then left to fall asleep alone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My 3.5yr old went through this after we returned from holidays. I refused to get into the habit of laying with him til he went to sleep. We just kept telling him and sending him back to his room. It was frustrating but after a,few nights he got the message.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    My 3.5yr old went through this after we returned from holidays. I refused to get into the habit of laying with him til he went to sleep. We just kept telling him and sending him back to his room. It was frustrating but after a,few nights he got the message.
    Yeah unfortunately I didn't do my usual hard love few nights readjustment back a few months - im in the trap now! She has on occasions just had to fall asleep alone in the past couple of months - hasn't been pretty and she is still upset about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep I definatly have just coming out of it now my eldest was so upset when I went into hospital to have my youngest my DH slept in his bed every night for 6 days and when I got home it was a nightmare he had to have 3 books, a milk(never had milk at bed since he was 1?) and then his hair stroked till he slept so exhausting but when DH went back to interstate driving how do you breastfeed and settle a 3yo? lol, eventually I just sat on his bed next to him and gave him reassurance not ignoring him, then sat next to the bed the next night then at the door always reassuring him, then I'd do stuff in the kitchen where he could here me and I'd just say I'm right here hunny, go to sleep ill be in soon and I would go in and check him and now he still gets cuddly but sometimes it's so nice just to have a cuddle with my baby coz in a few years he won't want to