+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Does anybody use U-Bank?

I'm redoing my finances due to a change in circumstance and was recommended using the free online service of U-bank. Has anybody used this system? My friend has 7 little accounts that she divies money into. Just looking for feedback. Good/bad experiences?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use U-Bank and have never had any issues with them at all. I like the multiple accounts that you can use as it leaves little to think about. I have the Christmas fund that I put $100 a week into so I never have to think about anything but the weekly payments I make. It's handy because I know if I ever 'need' spare cash I can always dig into the Christmas Fund and replace it later on.

My hubby and I are shocking when it comes to paying bills. It's not that we can't afford to pay them, it's just we never remember to pay them and eventually they disconnect us. I found that by using U-Bank the auto-pay system is fantastic and our accountant loves us for it.

What I do personally is I have an account set up for every bill. At the moment I have rent, private health insurance, dog insurance, home and contents insurance, car insurance, groceries, foxtel, telstra home phone and internet, mobiles, general expenses and finally we have an account that is for money to maintain the support of my partner's ex wife and their children.

We get paid monthly so when our monthly pay arrives I divvy the money as needed into all the accounts. I use the 'regular payment' method to pay everyone so the only thing I have to think about is when I go do my grocery shopping or buy anything that is a general expense, I pay via my credit card and then log online and transfer the full figure from the grocery or general expense account to my credit card.

The only flaw I find is that its not immediate transfer and a long time before you get a statement. I find the statement issue fantastic because I just give the statement to our accountant along with all our receipts/bills that have been paid and he goes through it all. He loves the separate account thing as it makes his life easier when it comes to balancing our accounts out.

For the immediate transfer it doesn't really bother me, there are times where I might need cash on hand at all times but we have a normal bank account so I can easily just go to the bank and withdraw in cash if need be. So it's important if you're going to do what we do and put all your money into a high interest account that isn't locked into a contract, that you make sure you have an account that you can access immediately and not the next business day.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DaisyVB For This Useful Post:

funnymama  (21-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DP and I have a u-bank U-Saver account too which we use just for our savings.

We were going to go with ING, but decided to go with ubank in the end and it's all been fine so far. It is a compound interest account (Interest is calculated daily and paid monthly), there are no fees and it was easy to sign up online.

Not sure what their customer service is like as we haven't had to contact them about anything yet!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have a u bank savings account and it's awesome! Not much money in there at the moment though.

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    U bank is the best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Another vote for U bank here!

I've been with them for about two years, and I just love them. It's great how you can split your account, and the graphs and stuff are fantastic. I can't recommend them for savings highly enough

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    we use ubank as it was better rates than a term deposit

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We use them for savings.

I had some issues with customer service but I'm sure it was just the idiot I spoke to - which can happen anywhere unfortunately.

Mummy & Daddy - expanding our family! Our little man born April 2011 and now expecting another munchkin in August 2012! Loving it!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep and have found them very good

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been using U bank online services from last 1.5 years and I found it a perfect savings account, as their interest rate is comparatively higher than others. I just love them..!!