Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default It broke!

Ok so I had bub mid november and had to wait until our 6 week check for contraception, unfortunately we were away and missed that check so made it for the week later when we got back however DR advised me to hold off and have bubs needles first so I did. Then we had the appt for vacs but had to hold them off for another week due to an allergy prob with bub so anyway bub got her needles on monday and I then made my appointment for contraception for monday coming. DH and I just dtd and the stupid condom broke!

I'm breastfeeding can I take the morning after pill?
    Where do I get it? Do I need a prescription?
    How much is it?

We are both worried as neither of us want another baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The morning after pill is now available over the chemist counter. Found this out a few months ago after a similar situation. You don't need a script etc. The chemist should also be able to tell you if it's safe to take while breast feeding. Hope this helps.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to FraggleRocks For This Useful Post:

kmetius  (18-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh you have to get it done pretty quick too. There's a reduced chance of effectiveness after 3 days. Basically the longer you wait the less likely it is to work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by fionaross View Post
    Oh you have to get it done pretty quick too. There's a reduced chance of effectiveness after 3 days. Basically the longer you wait the less likely it is to work.
    Oh yea I plan on being there with a bottle of water in hand as soon as they open

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hopefully it will be safe to take re: breastfeeding. I would think your chances of falling pregnant before starting periods again would be quite low though wouldn't it? I could be wrong about that, I'm sure I've read that on here though.

DH and I had a similar mishap last night the condom didn't break but it came off inside of me (after he'd 'you know' into it)...I'm not terribly concerned though as I'm due for my period in a week and I know I'm way past ovulation this month. Mind you if this has happened last week I would of sprinted to the chemist for the MAP lol.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pinkzy For This Useful Post:

kmetius  (18-01-2012),laurea  (24-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkzy View Post
    Hopefully it will be safe to take re: breastfeeding. I would think your chances of falling pregnant before starting periods again would be quite low though wouldn't it? I could be wrong about that, I'm sure I've read that on here though.

DH and I had a similar mishap last night the condom didn't break but it came off inside of me (after he'd 'you know' into it)...I'm not terribly concerned though as I'm due for my period in a week and I know I'm way past ovulation this month. Mind you if this has happened last week I would of sprinted to the chemist for the MAP lol.

Yea I figure our chances are low but it's still higher than we would like right now anyway.

Oh did you end up finding thai near by?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkzy View Post
    Thats actually furthest from the truth ever haha, you're most fertile the first 6 months after having a baby. All this breastfeeding as contraception is soooooo false and tends to end in a lot of whoops! lol

Good luck OP and hopefully it'll be fine with breastfeeding from memory Im pretty sure it is!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lemmings For This Useful Post:

kmetius  (18-01-2012),Pinkzy  (19-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Actually come to think of it DD1 was this age when I fell pregnant with DD2 mind you I wasn't breastfeeding

Thanks
    Reviews
    haha oh dear, One of the very first things my LC said to me was dont believe people when they say you cant get pregnant breastfeeding! lol she was either looking out for me or being mean cause i was 21...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh wow...DH and I were lucky then as I assumed we were safe until my periods came back after DS's birth . We're safe this time though as I know I ovulated early last week and am due for AF in a weeks time - plus most of it was still in the damn condom lol.

K - so far the nearest Thai place is Waterford

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast