+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF ICSI Antagonist - Process

Hi Girls,
    Still deciding whether to use Monash IVF or Melbourne IVF - opinions welcome!!
    Either way we have been told we need to do ICSI IVF with DH poor abnormal sperm morphology :-(
    I have a needle phobia and heard you have to inject yourself everyday.. Is this correct? Is there a certain time? I'm sooo scared, I do t think I can ever overcome my fear and jab myself :-(
    Also did you or anyone you know have success first time? :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi there,
    any ivf cycle you have to inject yourself daily and yes at the same time each day. its only for a short period of time thoguh. you will find most ladies doing ivf have needle phobias some lucky ones like me the husband can do it. ive had over 150 injections done by my husband in the last year so im proud to say im now not scared of needles but havent needed to do it myself just yet.i think when you think of holding a baby in your arms you will be willing to do anything.l loads of girls have success first time but generally thats a 'trial run' so if you go in thinking that then you will be fine. we will be doing cycle7 soon 3 misscarriages. so it just depends on your reproductive health aswell!
    i had a friend husband went through chemo, froze sperm and cause the gilr was healthy it took first try so anything can happen. stay connected with a forum though it will help you get through it talking to girls who have been there a number of times. its the only thing that helped me good luck wish you all the best x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for your fantastic reply.
    Good-luck on your next cycle :-)
    Lots & lots of baby dust to you!!
    Do you get to choose what time & where the needle injects you? I've had DH & mum both say they are happy to inject me... OMG freaking out but your totally right - it's all worth it in the end. I'm trying the whole positive thinking avenue, I'm very hopeful & positive for first go but am aware that I need to look at reality too that it can still fail but fingers are crossed :-)
    I am going to definitely stay on this forum :-)
    If you get a chance, update your progress !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

1st cycle is a bit experimental regarding the injection dose and how your ovaries respond to it to produce follicles/eggs. I injected for a what seemed like an eternity for my 1st cycle cos my body did not respond to the 225iu I was told to use, so I had to continue with 300iu. In all I injected for abt 16 days.

2nd and 3rd cycles I injected for abt 12 days cos on higher dose 450iu and response was good. Now 4th cycle I am on 300 iu not sure how long I will go for this cycle.

Obviuously I wasnt the lucky one to get it first go. We are doing ivf due to DH low sperm count, morph and motility issues.

I am so scared of needles but I have overcome the fear of self injection after 1st cycle. It does get easier. It is like a breeze for this current cycle. The needle is very very fine so you will be ok. The trigger jab is a bit thicker but it turned out painless for me too. I still don't look forward to drawing blood and GA needle as they are more painful.

Monash ivf draws blood to check hormones besides doing ultrasounds but Melbourne ivf only does scans, no BT. Also a good tip is to drink water before BT instead of coffee or tea as it makes it easier to draw blood.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck!!

This is our first IVF cycle and I'm finding the needles not too bad.

My FS had me on 112.5 of the Gonal-F (the follicle stimulating hormone) but has just upped it to 150 for the last week of my jabbing (EPU is expected to be Wednesday 25th) to mature my eggs as I had 22 follicles but they were still a bit small.

The Luveris hurts when I inject the liquid as opposed to the needle itself..

I do it all myself.. I need to have that control so DH gets let off.. The most he does is mix the Luveris for me.. lol

Good Luck, and I too am hoping 1st time is successful but I know its a trial so its possible it won't happen.

Jen

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Jeb :-)

Oooo how exciting!!
    Sending Positive thoughts your way :-)

We are hopeful to start late feb or march.... Would love to hear how you go :-)

Do you mind me asking if you know what your infertility problem is?
    Do not feel that you have to answer!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi..
    We have male fertility issues (my husband has low count, morphology and motility). Annoyingly it is genetic (as his brother was pretty identical with results) but his brother had had 2 kids naturally. Go figure

My fertility is all ok (apart from being a big curvy woman) and I'm healthy inside.

Thanks, we are hoping we get lucky first go

Jen

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jeb8303 For This Useful Post:

MARTTC  (29-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there! I've had 2 healthy boys with ICSI at monash Clayton! Absolutely Fantastic cannot say anymore about them, the needles are like epi pens they're tiny and feel like nothing I did all of them myself and were fine it was actually exciting every time because it was 1 step closer to our big day! Best if luck and here if you need any advice

10. The Following User Says Thank You to IVFmumof2 For This Useful Post:

MARTTC  (29-01-2012)