• The full term (Mother-in-law)

13 50.00%
  • Other?

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default When you read MIL/FIL/SIL/BIL ect on the hub...

...how do you say it in your head?

Poll to follow...

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    well i'm too impatient to wait for the poll, but i just wanted to butt in and say, i always say SAHM as 'sah-hmm' in my head

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I say them all in full. Sometimes when speaking to people in real life I will say something like we saw mother in law today. haha... it's bad, sounds so cold irl.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    well i'm too impatient to wait for the poll, but i just wanted to butt in and say, i always say SAHM as 'sah-hmm' in my head
    I say that too. I also say wah-hm for WAHM.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hate to admit it, but I've caught myself referring to DH's Mum as 'Mil' in real life

I also cringe when I hear myself say to my DH (only person who knows I'm on here, thankfully), "So this girl I know, Shannonigans, has created this nachos dish ..."

Note to Shoopuf: You do not actually know these people. Stop freaking people out with your references to your friends named 'Eleven Eleven' and 'Pippy The Hippo'. It makes you sound creepy.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Shoopuf For This Useful Post:

FloatingFairy  (18-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoopuf View Post
    Hate to admit it, but I've caught myself referring to DH's Mum as 'Mil' in real life

I also cringe when I hear myself say to my DH (only person who knows I'm on here, thankfully), "So this girl I know, Shannonigans, has created this nachos dish ..."

Note to Shoopuf: You do not actually know these people. Stop freaking people out with your references to your friends named 'Eleven Eleven' and 'Pippy The Hippo'. It makes you sound creepy.
    Very big lol at least it's not supa dupa vagi trooper (don't remember how to spell it)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm constantly saying "I was talking this person...who knows someone who..." when I realise I'm talking about a BHer and if I say "Shoopuf said..." I'll probably get committed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

LOL! Don't worry I'm always talking about my bubhub "friends" to DP!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahh not so much. But I ALWAYS say DH and DD even to other people.

Thanks
    Reviews

I do this.

I say it in my head as 'mother in law' etc... 'Mill' just would be weird.

Oh and I don't refer to DH as darling.