+ Reply to Thread

Default Fibroids risk of post partum hemhorage

Hi all,

I am currently 37w and have been booked in for a ceaser next Friday due to bubs being complete breech.
    I also happen to have a 12cm fibroid sitting on my fundus so the thought of the cs terrifies me. I had originally prepared for a calmbirth and I no feel like I am doing a compete 180 from there. I've come to terms with that aspect of it but my fibroid pits me at a much greater risk of post partum hemhorage. This is what freaks me out the most. I know it sounds a bit morbid but I keep thinking that I'll die before I get a chance to hold my baby girl. It's my first baby so the whole fear of the unknown doesnt help. I suffered with prenatal depression so it's something that I've been dealing with and have been really good since about 16 weeks... I just don't want to spend the last few days in tears and stressing myself out and the bubs... I know it's no good for either of us!
    If anyone has any experience with either ceaser & fibroids on pph I'd love to hear your honest account.

I had a CS at 43 weeks with DD and two very large fibroids were discovered during surgery. I had no trouble whatsoever recovering from the CS, though, like you had planned on a very different kind of birth, with acupuncture for pain management. In the end, I didn't have a contraction of any sort and DD was not coming out voluntarily. I didn't have any issues with bleeding and according to my OB, my fibroids were quite rare in that they were very much on the surface and were able to be removed during surgery.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I had 2 x 10cm fibroids and was booked in for a c section at 38.5, I had never been in hospital before so was extra nervous but I promise you in was no problem! C section was over in 20 minutes( they had to take extra blood just in case I needed it during the operation which luckily I didn't) recovery was no where near as bad as I imagined, walking around the next day, no pain killers by day 4, just remember that the dr knows what he is doing and try not to stress!

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a very large fibroid which was covering my cervix so i had to have a c-section. They had blood on standby as they were concerned i would bleed and may need a hysterectomy. It was all fine, the fibroid caused no problems during the surgery. They can normally work around it even if they have to cut you vertically instead of horizontally. I'm sure it will all be fine and even if it does bleed they are very well trained to deal with it. Good luck