+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I love my steam mop!

The only downside is that sometimes you cant get into all the small tight stops and corners.

I had a kenwood for about 9yrs and its just gone to heaven so I brough the Monster for $270. The monster is a bigger mop so covers the area quicker but I have noticed it is a little heavier to push than the kenwood but I am sure I only noticed it the first few times as I was used to the old one.

Never will I use a mop again..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the Kenwood 2000 (much better & bigger water tank than the 5000). Costs about $139 from Retravision but also on sale at Harvey Norman, etc.

I LOVE my steam mop. I use it every day on both polished boards & tiles. We have an inside dog, so he is part of the reason. Like someone else said, it won't clean in the grout, so I go around and scrub that once a week or so. I don't find it hard to push at all. I do use an extension cord as the cord is quite short. A full tank of water gives about 20 minutes of floor washing time, which is enough for three bedrooms, lounge/dining, kitchen, bathroom and laundry.

I hope this helps. I wouldnt use a traditional mop ever again. It is one of the best things I ever bought!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love my steam mop. It is fantastic! It gets used all of the time...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes and never use it. I also have Norwex mop and LOVE it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    yeah and it doesn't work good at all haha !

Thanks
    Reviews
    we have a kenwood multi steam cleaner which does a number of different surfaces (tiles, carpet, fabric etc).

I hate it. You have to hold a button down to get it to steam and it is so difficult to keep it held down that I end up with an aching hand just trying to keep it pushed in. Also, because you need to steam to actually clean and I cant keep the button pressed in to make it steam, I really am just running hot water over the tiles. I hardly ever use it.

On the odd occasion I do drag it out, its usually to run over a spot on the carpet or give the cushions/couch a bit of a clean....so it gets used about twice a year.

In theory it sounds good, however in practice it's a pain to use.

MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a question for you Steam-Mop-affectionadas:

I know that you not supposed to use soap, etc in the water, but is it possible to "live on the edge" and put a drop or two of lemon myrtle or eucalyptus oil in the water? Just for that fresh scent?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the $36 one from godfreys and I love it!!! It's steams when you push down on it and I would never use a normal mop again. I'm heartbroken that I won't be able to use it on our vinyl plank flooring in our new house so I'll be getting an enjo mop when we move in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subscribing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MuminMind View Post
    I have a question for you Steam-Mop-affectionadas:

I know that you not supposed to use soap, etc in the water, but is it possible to "live on the edge" and put a drop or two of lemon myrtle or eucalyptus oil in the water? Just for that fresh scent?
    I was told to put the oil on the cloth, not in the reservoir to avoid internal damange which would void warrently, blah, blah, blah. Worked well for me, and didn't leave any streaks on the floor. I find I don't need to do that though, as it just cleans so well and seems to remove any smells with it (kills the microbes that cause the smell, etc).

The best thing was when I moved into a rental property and mopped v-e-r-y slowly, with multiple passes under the stove/oven. The oil that had accumulated on the floor for probably years and years came off no worries, and there were no steaks as I continued to mop the kitchen. THIS is why it is sooooo good!