+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default do you have a steam mop??

hi hubbers

i am toying with the idea of one
    we have moved into a new house with quite alot of tiles / wood floors
    we have a dog who is inside alot and a 3 year old DD with another on its way in 4 weeks
    the steam mop looks so easy to fire up and run over the tiles to keep them clean especially for when the new bubs starts to move around, but a cpl of people i have asked who have steam mops have said that they aren't that great.. they are slow to use and take alot of manual pushing and shoving.
    is this your experience??
    also i assume that they cheapo ones you see advertised on TV for around $100 are a total waste of time. anything to make cleaning easier has to be looked at seriously!

TIA!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I got a $50 cheapie from Godfrey's and it's dodgy. I'd make sure you get one with continuous steam to make it easy, otherwise it is a lot of hard work. I put up with it beacuse I know it's well cleaned without chemicals.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Penny88 For This Useful Post:

jessesgirl  (18-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep I do it cost about $180 from Godfrey and I love it!!! But if u have black tiles don't get one as u see the water marks.
    Iv got white tiles and can't see anything
    Don't go cheap tho

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pros

Does a really good job & floors seem to stay cleaner longer.

Cons

Is quite manual & slow.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have borrowed my sisters steam mop. We both moved and she has carpets everywhere for the time being while we have tiles all over (except bedrooms).

I find it great. Floors are much cleaner after using it and I don't have to worry about any of the girls slipping over and braking an arm. It's still a bit wet at first right after doing it but it dries pretty quickly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a $100 steam cleaner from deals direct and love it! I don't think it's any more work than mopping and my floors dry quicker too. I like the hygiene factor too. We have mostly tiles. I am hoping it stops working soon as I would love to upgrade to a proper steam mop and buy a quality one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the monster steam mop and LOVE it!!! It's about $300 but worth every cent!!

Avoid the cheapies - alot don't heat to temps hot enough to steralise and kill germs!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have one but I don't like it at all. Dh has made us buy them twice for two different homes because he likes the idea of them but both machines in both homes didn't work as well as mopping.

Mopping with boiling water and kero makes my tiles come up so much cleaner and is less manual. It also dries instantly if I do it this way because the water is hot enough and the kero makes it evaporate I think.

ETA... might have been because they were both less than $200. I haven't tried an expensive one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyLittleTootsies View Post
    I have one but I don't like it at all. Dh has made us buy them twice for two different homes because he likes the idea of them but both machines in both homes didn't work as well as mopping.

Mopping with boiling water and kero makes my tiles come up so much cleaner and is less manual. It also dries instantly if I do it this way because the water is hot enough and the kero makes it evaporate I think.

ETA... might have been because they were both less than $200. I haven't tried an expensive one
    And kero?

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i have a steam mop and love it. its the kenwood one. i think it was about $200? its great.