+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I take liquid vitamin d on top of my multi... There is hardly anything in the multi vitamins so if you're low you def need a supplement.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slinks View Post
    My vitamin D was fairly low, so I have to take 2 a day. My OB said to continue taking elevit as well.
    Same deal here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im no doc but think this is worth sharing if you're not sure/keen on supplements...

I was notably vitamin D deficient last year (not preg at the time). My doc told me to take a certain dose (cant remember how much) of D supplements a day to correct the deficiency. 6 months later I went back and despite taking the tablets as told it was a lot worse! Doc told me to up the dose but in the end I decided not to take any supplements anymore because i didnt want to pop 6 tablets a day. I just made sure I went outside and caught 15mins of sun a day (morning or evening to not get burnt). I had another test 3 months later and VitD was totally fine

The sun is the cheapest and most effective way of upping your VitD count.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Prior to when we were TTC in May last year, I had a zinc and vitamin D deficiency and even though I didn't need a pre-natal, the chemist recommended Elevit as it has a higher level of each of these than typical multi vitamins so maybe see if your blackmores one is as high in each of these and consider switching. Not sure about the side effects of too much vitamin D though.