+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Tips to get dd wearing shoes!

As the title suggests, dd will not put her shoes on! She's only just started wearing them and of I try put them on she screams, sits on the floor and won't move! She's only 15 months old so shoes are new to her but now she's moving up into a toddler group at daycare an she has to wear shoes!! Any tips? Suggestions??? Tricks??? I've tried all manner of distractions but nothing is working!! HELP!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I got my then 13mth old to wear shoes by saying - "mummy is wearing shoes to go out... Izzy has to wear shoes too!" ... and if she didnt wear it I just kept her strapped to the pram. Within a few days she worked out that if she wears her shoes and hat she can walk around. Otherwise its in the pram. Now if she is tired she will take off her hat and shoes expecting to be put in the pram.

good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    good idea izzy

i have always liked pram shoes for this reason yet them used to shoes early

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DS has his own shoe rack ( yes I am addicted to shoes and have over 15 pairs for DS) and like a pp since he was 9 months old I said we need to put shoes on before we go outside, he sometimes sits at his shoe rack and plays with them! Now at 15 months I say go and get your shoes and he races into the bedroom and gets his shoes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I really should have started her wearing shoes earlier!! She only really wore socks through winter then nothing until she started walking and if we were out somewhere. She wore her shoes a few times but now she won't let me get near her with them. I will persist with showing me wearing shoes and hope that she catches on at daycare!!!