+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 59 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow that's fantastic Felicita!! Great news

I had my Nuchal scan on Thursday and everything is looking good and we now have a DVD of bub, who unfortunately insisted on lying upside down so we didn't get a really clear 4d pic of the face but lots of other great pics.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Haydos---Good to hear that everything went well for the NT scan. Big sigh of relief!

Marzi--- for tomorrow. I hope the procedure goes well and you won't feel much of it, and for the wait for the results. Will you get the initial results within 48 hours?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Frosty, yeah FISH results on thurs at OB.

Haydos, glad all went well with your scan.

Afm, I popped a vein above my eye last thurs. the pressure from nausea. Dr said its due to more strain on my blood vessels. I'm also getting a blood nose I'm the mornings....at least that doesn't hurt like hell!!

hope your all travelling along well xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,
    Haven't been posting much lately -- work has been keeping me pretty busy, and tired as well but I have been trying to keep up with the reading !

I had my NT scan today and feeling a little bit shell shocked:

My NT measurement: <2 (about 1.9ish)
    Nasal bone : visible
    HCG: 1.1
    PAPP-A: 0.22

Adjusted risk came out at 1in 4 for Downs ... or something else. It is the papp-a that has caused the adjusted risk + my age + what ever else they use to adjust it. I expected it to be bad because of my age but I never dreamed it could be that bad.

I think they were happy to give me a CVS there and then but we wanted to talk to our OB first. He did ring but I missed the call as my phone was still off after the scan and he said he would callback tomorrow but I will be at work and I do kinda need to go -- I don't know how I will be able to talk to him or what to say or ask or how I will be able to talk to him with kids (i work in a school) and people, and poor phone reception .... I've had a little cry and a search of Dr Google and I know it isn't the end of the world but this is our last chance for a bub.

It really doesn't seem fair -- I am not overweight, and I am fitter than most of my friends half my age, no pcos or endo, I don't drink (well not for 3 years) or smoke, I have normal blood pressure ... I feel really lost.

Thanks
    Reviews
    cjm--- I asked the sonographer who did my scan if IVF increases the risks, she said it's probably coincidental, because we're usually older age group, who has higher risks anyway. I read somewhere that IVFers seem to have higher chances of abnormal blood tests, your NT was normal, and nasal bone is present, they're good signs.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Frostysmum For This Useful Post:

cjm1  (29-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haydos - Yay, I'm glad that your NT scan went so well

Marzi - thinking of you and wishing you all the best for tomorrow, I'm sure that Bubs will be perfect.

Cjm1 - , I'm so sorry that must have been an awful shock. As Frosty said it is a great sign that the nasal bone is present. Take care of yourself we'll be thinking of you.

Hi to everyone else, I hope everyone is well.

afm, I'm having a upper abdo scan tomorrow to check for gall stones! I had chronic pain under my breasts friday arvo and all Saturday night so went into the hospital Sat morning. They did a series of tests and monitored bubs (who was perfect thank goodness) but then sent me home 5 hours later cos the pain went and they didnt know what it was. It came back all Sat night but has now been gone since Sun morning. I went to see my Ob today and when I did my urine test it showed protein so now that's been sent off as well and they did some BT's to check my liver, electrolytes and a few other things. He'll ring me Wed arvo when he has all the results to let me know if they show anything, otherwise it's unexplained pain. I'm not sure if I want them to find anything or not, it'd be good to know what caused it because I was in agony and struggled to breath a few times but I dont want it to be anything dangerous that could cause complicatins for Bubs. I'll find out soon enough I guess. it's something minor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    cjm1 - I've got no experience with NT testing, but Frostysmum makes some great points about the NT and nasal bone.
    Looking at your odds I see that they still think it is more likely than not that there's no problem with bubs.
    I don't know your IVF success odds per cycle, but mine were supposed to be 2 in 5, and it was mighty hard to land in that 2. And that was supposed to be a lot easier to achieve than you landing in the 1 for your NT.
    Good luck with your next tests.

lilybaby - so weird that you mention pain under the breasts over the weekend. I had a smidge of that on Sunday, only for a little while and it only bothered breathing a couple of times. I'm pretty confident that in my case it was just wind (I'm not sticking to a very low fat diet atm). DH has started calling me bugle bum. Hope yours is nothing dangerous too.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to felicita For This Useful Post:

cjm1  (29-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cjm - so sorry you have to go through this stress, I think it might be worth taking the day off to get yourself all sorted, find out what is going on. School will survive .... Our lives are more important than work, sometimes we need to make ourselves a priority. Take care and let us know how you are doing.

Haydos, glad your scan went well

Marzi, sending lots of good vibes and wishes your way for good results.

Lilybaby, hope they get you all fixed up soon!

take care everyone!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to fionaalice For This Useful Post:

cjm1  (29-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Right, so amnio scan done, now for more waiting till thurs for the FISH (preliminary) results.
    Bubs looked and measured perfect.
    i know the sex for sure...I'll be taking your bets now

Cjm, Hun I'm so sorry your going thru this stress.
    your 12 weeks now yeah?
    amnio has to be done @ 16 weeks.
    the CVS can be done now but has a higher risk. It may be worth looking in to to avoid the wait.
    Id ring your OB as soon as and get a test booked ASAP. The wait from 12 - 16 weeks was hard.

Lily, glad the pain is gone now. I'm hoping it was just your ribs adjusting for bubs.
    glad dr L is all over it for you. For the results wed xx

Frosty, I hope what you read about the nk blood tests is right cos that was what put me in the high risk category.

So anyone who needs an amnio, don't freak out....jabbing yourself with clexane hurts loads more!! It's uncomfortable on the way in and weird on the way out. But they watch the baby the whole time and the needle goes no where near bubs.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Marzi For This Useful Post:

cjm1  (29-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Down Syndrome is associated with high free hcg in the first trimester, and low Papp-A levels. High Papp-A can indicate large baby, or some gross abnormality eg. Noonan Syndrome, gastrochisis (which would have been visible on the scan already). So if your risk ratio is bad due to high Papp-A level and your scan so far looks normal, it's very unlikely there'd be something wrong. The odds is on your side.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frostysmum For This Useful Post:

cjm1  (29-02-2012),Marzi  (28-02-2012)