+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 59 FirstFirst ... 84856575859 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Excuse the intrusion...long term lurker but also long term ivf'er too

Just wanted to say congratulations to Starfish on the arrival of your long awaited daughter. I am sure there are other strangers around the country (world?) who, like me, have also shed a tear on reading your news. There is such strength in women like you who never give up and I am sure - from reading your posts for such a long time - that you will be a fantastic mum!

Enjoy your baby girl...I can tell you from experience it was all worth it

2. The Following User Says Thank You to VirgoMama For This Useful Post:

Starf1sh  (29-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Starfish I seriously can't put into words how happy I am that your little angel is finally here. Nothing can top holding our miricals in our arms after such a battle to get them here. You should be so proud of your sheer determination and strength.
    Yinyang sums it up so well!
    congratulations mummy!
    marz xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Marzi For This Useful Post:

Starf1sh  (01-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    BIG congrats Starfish!!!

I am so happy for you - after a marathon effort of infertility please enjoy every second of your hard earned miracle baby girl

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rice For This Useful Post:

Starf1sh  (01-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought i would pop on here to ask you who have had your babies some advice. My daughter is 7 months old and I am just not sure how to get her to self-settle in the day or at night, (ummm, yes, she is sleeping in my bed most of the night as well). She is a fabulous sleeper if she is cuddled. I cuddle her to sleep at all times.

My sisters are advocates of controlled crying but I just can't bring myself to do that (at this point). I know it probably has something to do with the fact that we suffered such loss and disappointment through IVF and our baby making journey. I am just not sure what to do for the best. I am trying to look at some gentle solutions so that I can feel comfortable. To be honest, I probably wouldn't really mind just continuing and letting her grow out of the need naturally BUT I am pregnant again and am just not sure how I will manage with a new born and 15 month old need me to cuddle her to sleep and to stay asleep during nap times.

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks
    Reviews
    First things first, if I haven't already congratutaled you already on your pregnancy, please accept my heart felt best wishes and hugs!

so, James was self settling for a while for his day sleeps when he was younger. The morning one he went down straight after breaky, wore himself out eating! The arvo sleeps he quite often slept where he was playing! Now, it's gotten tough again. He shows the tired sights less and it's up to me to see the time and initiate the sleep routine. Change nappy and place in gro bag etc. not very helpful to you but I generally rock him in the chair and sing a monotone rhyme to him. If he is unsettled, I try water in a bottle but do need to boob him a lot still. I put him down as soon as I can or he will wake right up again if I wait too long. It's great when he wakes a little, opening his eyes. As he then knows he is in bed and he then self settles. I'm really aiming for this result to happen each bed time and to encourage more inderpenent settling! At night he 'sleeps thru' FINALLY, he does stir and make noise but I can look at the camera and watch him self settle. Some nights tho only a boob feed will do! I do also resort to bringing him into bed with me but I always start him off at night in his own cot. Sometimes I'm just too tired to hold him safely in the chair so my bed is the best option.....he takes up soooo much room for a little guy!!!

As you said, I don't mind waiting until he is ready. Controlled crying is not going to happen in this house, I find it terribly upsetting for both of us. I did read somewhere that leaving your child to cry is telling them that what they want is not important. But after the effort to get him, I can deal with taking the extra time with him. He is not going to be a baby forever and I am not going to put him thro the stress of cc just to get a bit extra time to myself. However, I have friends that have said that cc was the best decision the made with self settling, that it only took a few days. So what ever you do is a personal choice.
    im really not sure how much this helps but it's my experience, I wish you all the best of luck xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dear Ladies,

I think I am finally ready to join the pregnancy area. After a long struggle I am 13 weeks pregnant. We had the nuchal scan on Tuesday and am so relieved everything was fine.

I posted on some threads in 2011 and early 2012, but stopped posting because it became emotionally difficult. I have had a history of cycles (aged 39-40) where embyros didn't grow, empty follicles, and cycles where no follicles grew at all. I have been told to use donor eggs on many occasions by several different FS, but it didn't feel right for me. The infamous Wazza gave me a 1% chance. I and DH had just about given up, we thought that our life would be without children. In Sep 2012 I took long service leave and we went for an amazing holiday in China. When we returned, I did another cycle with a different FS, but had no response and again was told to use donor eggs. I was expecting this so didn't feel as upset as before. As the new year started got into gardening again, even started riding a bike to work, and was starting to feel a bit happy again and not thinking about babies any more.

However, DH still wanted to try again. Earlier this year (aged 41) changed to another FS who suggested an approach with estrogen, progesterone and testosterone priming. On my first scan, no follicles were seen, so I thought it was going to be the same story again. The second scan, I had one 13mm follicle. FS said it was a slim chance but we decided to go ahead. The next scan the follicle was 19mm. My egg collection was on 29 Apr at Sunnybank Hospital. I was fully expecting an empty follicle, but was relieved to see a "1" written on my hand after waking up. I got a call the next day that the egg fertilised. At this stage I was fully expecting a call to say the cells had stopped dividing. However, the one egg became an 8 celled embryo and I had a day 3 transfer on May 2. The scientist said it was a good looking embryo with no fragmentation. This was my first transfer ever and was the furthest we'd ever got. At that stage I was still only giving it a 5% chance. A friend's DH had a dream that I had a little girl. I was feeling an unusual warm sensation in my back, on and off during the 2ww. I had no spotting by the day of the blood test (but did have some yucky looking brown crinone discharge) so was a bit hopeful. My blood test was on 16 May, 14dp3dt. I did not POAS, since had read many stories about POAS giving wrong results and causing more anxiety. The nurse called in the afternoon and I was surprised by a BFP with beta 772. I was asked to do another blood test 4 days later 18dp3dt. After a nervous wait, my beta was 3710.

Then there was another nervous wait to 7 June (7 weeks 5 days) and we had our first scan with FS. He said the baby measured 14mm and everything was on track, and we saw the little heartbeat.

Then another longer nervous wait until 16 July, for the nuchal scan (13 weeks 2 days). To our relief, everything was fine. Our Downs syndrome risk came back at 1:1072 and other trisomies even less. The baby measured 77.2mm. We saw lots including the tiny brain, heart pumping, stomach and limbs waving around.

Now there is again more worry until the next scan. My placenta is on the front, so they said I might not feel kicks until later. I can't feel anything, all I notice is my girth getting bigger. I am getting a slight linea nigra and dark patches on my face.

Everything has happened like a dream. It seems unbelievable and I wouldn't believe it if it wasn't happening to me. My one egg collected at age 41 was better than the eggs collected at age 39. We did a few things differently, including: the estrogen, progesterone and testosterone priming; and PICSI/HA. DH has problems with sperm morphology, so maybe PICSI made a difference and helped pick the best sperm for that egg. Also I've been taking every supplement I can find that is supposed to help with mitochondria, including CoQ10, PQQ and other crazy stuff. Maybe all this made a difference, or maybe it is random luck.

I don't want to appear as smug or act like I am especially great because this happened. I just would like to give encouragement that occasionally a miracle can happen. I am no more deserving than anybody here, just incredibly lucky and that this has happened. I am so thankful to FS for giving us a chance, to the baby for being here, DH for supporting throughout and all friends who have been supportive.

Sorry this post has been all about my story but I hope to get to know everyone as time goes on.

Chook

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crook, just wanted to send you a big congratulations!
    enjoy your pregnancy. If you are stressing at any time, just go to the hospital or your ob and ask for a scan, I did, it really helped get me thro till I could feel bubba moving!
    all the best xx

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Marzi For This Useful Post:

chook11  (05-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chook, what an amazing story and huge congratulations on your pregnancy!!!

I don't think the anxiety associated with each milestone ever goes away entirely when you've waited so long for your baby. I did quite a lot of meditation/ positive affirmations to get through me each nervous wait and scan. Take care and wishing you a smooth sailing 2nd and 3rd trimester. Wonderful news!
    Last edited by Starf1sh; 20-07-2013 at 08:19.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Starf1sh For This Useful Post:

chook11  (05-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Chook! You're finally having your little chicken!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Frostysmum For This Useful Post:

chook11  (05-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chook, how are you doing?