+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast
    helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Starfish - Im sooooo happy for you and your DH to be having a darling little princess. I had a feeling you were having a girl, remember?? Opposite to me! I could just imagine you are on cloud nine now. Such exciting news!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to helenmac For This Useful Post:

Starf1sh  (14-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starf1sh - Yay!!!!!!!!!!!! Wonderful. We had the opposite to you thought it was a girl turned out to be a boy. Kind of puts you into shock for awhile. Woo hoo!!!!

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced aching legs and sore feet. It is so bad at night now that I barely sleep. DH bought me a whole bunch of pillows and a maternity pillow which has helped. Is there anything else I can do? My feet actually hurt to walk on on. Any advice would be appreciated.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SummerShine For This Useful Post:

Starf1sh  (14-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations on your beautiful little girl Starfish, she looks gorgeous I am so thrilled for you xx
    Our little man is doing really well, he chats away - says Dadda, oggy (doggy), yeah, hey, ello (hello) and a few more words and is starting to crawl :-) Not too bad for 7.5 months corrected (almost 11 months actual ) I cant believe he's 1 in 4 weeks - I'm busy planning his party at the moment .

I cant wait until you have your healthy baby girl, it is the most amazing feeling in the world to hold your own precious baby after the journey we've had, I think of you often and I'm so glad your dreams are coming true xxx Take care xxx

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lilybaby For This Useful Post:

rosewater  (04-03-2013),Starf1sh  (14-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starfish Congratulations! Little girls are precious.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Frostysmum For This Useful Post:

Starf1sh  (14-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone, still very much on

YY, we haven't told anyone in our family the gender yet! We are just enjoying savouring this delicious piece of information between ourselves at the moment

Helen, yep you did predict correctly! Might come to you for future clairvoyant advice! (Our apartment is about to go on the market, will we sell it at auction? )

Lily, your little man sounds like he is going great guns! It must be so rewarding after his dramatic entrance into the world.

So many of you must be planning 1st birthday's right now, YY, Frosty as well? And Fiona, I cannot believe your little man is crawling already! You have all reminded me how fast the time will fly!

Summer, I haven't experienced aching with my legs at night, more with my hips so I also have an interesting array of pillows going on too! DH calls my maternity pillow 'my boyfriend' as it takes up so much room in the bed! I have had a few pregnancy massages lately and have found someone I quite like which seems to be helping with the minor aches and pains. I'm wondering if the leg cramps could also be related to needing more sodium? I get a bit more excited every time I see your ticker now!!!

I have just started to wrap my head around the vast array of 'stuff' that we will need to buy (and research!) and my head is seriously swimming!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Starf1sh. DH went out and bought me a maternity pillow and a whole heap of other pillows and it has done the trick. I am sleeping much better now. My Ob advised me to eat two bananas a day to increase my magnesium which may also help with leg pain.

I know what you mean by all the stuff you need to buy. On the weekend we picked up the furniture we had on lay by. We have been too scared to get it before. Once it was put in the ute I don't know what came over me but I started crying. Happy tears because it all started to feel real.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Summer, did you set up your nursery yet? Can completely relate to your feelings about the reality setting in. DH and I made our 1st foray into the baby stores yesterday. Apart from feeling completely overwhelmed by choice and information it was really hard for DH to even look at stuff, he kept saying, 'I just never thought we would get here'. We still haven't bought anything just at the research stage and there's still a small part of us that feels we are tempting fate to actually buy baby things! I did buy a super cute little hat last week for myself when I was out shopping for a gift for a friend's baby shower...easing myself into it!

The other big change for me is heartburn. YUCK! This is definitely one of the worst symptoms I've had so far and have not left the house recently without a packet of TUMS in my bag. I was so reassured to hear from other mama's that it is only going to get worse as bubba gets bigger!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starfish - heartburn awful .... The good news is it disappears a soon as baby is born!

We left it 'til quite late to have a baby shower ... And didn't buy anything 'til after that!
    I found setting up the baby room the hardest, I cried a lot .... Just so overwhelming ...and I knew it was the no turning back point ... What I mean is once that room was set up I knew if anything went wrong that I would be totally destroyed ... It just spun me out a little!

you know I still cry ... I am still overwhelmed by my beautiful boy.

summer - I had awful leg cramps, DH was in charge of leaping to action and stretching my foot/leg!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starfish - I found Tums didn't really do much so I ended up having Zantac.
    I was the same, I kept thinking it was too good to be true and that being pregnant was something that happened to other people not us.
    Both of us are still constantly amazed that she's actually here and actually ours, and I'm sure she will get sick of hearing stories of how much we wanted her and how long we waited, but we will tell her anyway, our little miracle.
    (Currently feeding our little 6 month old on her one and only night feed - so happy)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Summer, I had really terrible heartburn reflux and ms till the very end.
    i tried rennie tabs first but after trying everything I ended up on a prescription tab rani2 (spelling?). I also kept mylanta in fridges at home and work!! That was the only thing that helped me.

i also didn't buy anything baby related until third tri! Waaay too nervous! Now baby bunting is nearly a weekly visit! I hear you on the range etc! It's hard to know for a first time mum. I actually met a mum in store that first day, she was expecting her 2nd. She gave my some great advice!! So I'm passing that and my experience on.....
    so,
    1. don't go overboard with buying up stuff, I was given loads of stuff for my baby shower (everyone was so thrilled they could finally give me stuff after soo long trying.
    2. Hand me downs are great! Baby's just don't wear out their clothes! Just have one or two nice clothes sets for each size. The target grows are such great value at under $10 each!
    3. Buying furniture and just about anything else is soo much cheaper on 'Gumtree'. My experience has got me everything from cot, toys to nappies! And the ppl your buying off are mums and dads. 2nd hand baby stores are great also!
    3. In the nursery, I have a 'gro egg'. It tells you the temp of bubs room. Really great to give you a plan of how many blankets or what to dress them in! Also acts as a night light! 2 in 1!
    4. Washable breast pads have saved my a bucket of money! And they stay drier! How? Who knows but they work!!
    5. Baby clothes will need to be VERY easy to remove! Look for clothes with full press stud access!!
    6. Ikea high hair is great value and easier to clean/disinfect/dry than any of the ones with stitching etc.
    7. Always buy a new matterass! As recommended by SIDS.
    8. Buy new or rent from a reputable company the baby car seat and capsule. Also get a pram that's got great breaks and is comfy to push / get in car as well as comfy for baby.
    9. Sleeping bags....there are heaps of these! Some bubs prefer diff styles. I used a zip up cocoon style with his arms up, quick for nappy changes! I was wrapping him in wraps before that till he out grew the size. Now he is in the gro bags...the tog thing baffled me at first but does make it easier once I understood it!

Ohh crap, sorry for the essay

Biggest thing I reccomend, is listen to all the ppl, giving advice, but only do what suits you and Bub!!

I'm soo exited for you all in here! You deserve this so much!
    Much love
    Marzi xx