+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 59 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning all!
    just wanted to share that i'm glad i'm not the only one who struggles with their parents, both during ttc/ivf and post-baby! Mine did not want to know about it at all during the hard years and now DD is finally here and i mention what we went through to have her my mum just says "ah well its all behind you now, move on" The fact is it will ALWAYS be with us, its what brought us to our precious bub. It upsets me that they cant understand the importance of our lost babies too, if it wasn't for them DD wouldn't be here....so yes actually it will never be "behind us". They will NEVER be forgotten or dismissed.

I now try to bring up the journey we travelled whenever i can, to try and get them to put things into perspective. My mum is amazed i'm still breastfeeding at nearly 10 mths and is trying to get me to wean DD, she thinks its a burden on me!! WTF!! i told her very firmly that i've waited 7 long years to have this "burden" and i may never get to have it again!...Good lord do you think I might even enjoy and appreciate my miracle baby sucking on my boobs!??! ....PARENTS!!.....in my head i'm saying "of course I'M never going to be like them!!"

Just so glad there are others out there who totally understand...thanks for listening xxx

loveabug, hope your scan went well?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Long Term IVFers finally pregnant!

YinYang - I agree it will always be with you, I think of it as a badge of honour almost. Everyone had pretty much given up hope but I insisted on keeping going and now we finally have our precious baby, I'm so proud that we fought so hard and went through so much for her, and never gave up, despite the journey being so long and painful! And I'll never forget what we went through. And she's definitely worth it! x

My pet peeve is people who say that we've done it once and now my body knows what to do so we won't need ivf next time. Yeah ok, because now my body can conquer sperm DNA fragmentation? Slightly annoying, but I just try and smile and say yeah ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Marzi, James sounds totally delightful! While I am under no illusions that it has its tough moments it is so beautiful to hear how much the LTIVFWW are delighting in mummyhood!

Loveabug,
    how did your scan go?

Summer,
    sounds like all is good with the cervical length so far which is really encouraging news! mini sumo wrestler? Ok I don't feel so weird now and I'm glad I'm not alone with the cat mother dreams Frosty! From your avatar pic you obviously have a beloved moggy as well.

Haydos,
    I seem to go through stages with food where I will eat a particular thing for a week or so and move onto something else. During the hot weather it was paddle pops (which is what good friends of our's have subsequently christened our FET bub! ) I haven't had broccoli or salmon since I've been pregnant, just not interested, but I still want a coffee every single day! Haven't had one since about 6 weeks before out FET. Really looking forward to coffee, sushi and a nice glass of wine sometime in July!

YY
    , I don't know if you read my post on the 35+ thread, however I had a very heated exchange with my dad over Xmas about comments they make about 'it all being behind us', which serves to sweep our TTC journey under the rug and makes me feel really invalidated. It really highlighted to me (again, like I didn't already know this! that they have little capacity to acknowledge what the last 5 years have been like for us. I think it is avoidance because it's too painful to 'dwell' there and probably indicative of the way their generation dealt with grief and loss issues.

I also have no time for people who weren't there for the tough times and now want to cash in on the 'glory' of the pregnancy.
    Last edited by Starf1sh; 16-01-2013 at 19:07.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi mummies to be
    Well I don't have good news to share firstly I just wanted to thank you all for helping me celebrate this pregnancy I think that was really important for me to be able to do that. I think I will always celebrate on here it definitely helps to give recognition to each of my pregnancies even if the bubba only stays a short time. So a huge thank you

I had my 8week scan and the little bubba only measured 6weeks and was already sitting on top of my cervix. Thank goodness I was in brissy as it would have been extremely traumatic out here in the middle of nowhere. I had a D&C that arvo.

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm so sorry to hear that Loveabug. We're here if you need to talk/vent at all. I wish I could do or say something that would help. I wish this hadn't happened xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Loveabug, I'm so sorry to hear your news. I do agree with you that honouring and acknowledging each miraculous life, no matter how brief their stay, is a really important part of the journey.

Wishing you well in healing of body and heart and I hope we see you back here soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahhhhh loveabug I am so so sorry

Thanks
    Reviews
    Loveabug my heart goes out to you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah Loveabug, I'm so sorry.
    We will always remember our angel babies. I lost six, but without them I'd never have met James.
    I wish you speedy recovery of both heart and mind.
    Here if you need us xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Loveabug so very sorry Your precious bubs will always be with you in your heart forever. I found that some kind of 'ceremony' in remembrance of each miracle life was a good way to say goodbye and help the healing process. Be kind to yourself, rest and talk freely to your loved ones around who understand (and we are all here too for you) Take care xxx