+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 59 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    KtKing is offline The same sun that melts the ice hardens the clay. The difference is the nature of the material.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Long Term IVFers finally pregnant!

Hi Starf1sh, yeah I'm going okay. I hit 15 weeks on Thursday, and I am one of the lucky ones who started their morning sickness at 12 weeks. I have bearly eaten anything in the last week and when I do it tends to come back up. I was so bad on New Years Day that I went to the after hours clinic at the St Andrews Hospital in Ipswich and they put me on the fluid drip and gave me a shot of anti nausea medication. I also have some Pramin tablets to keep the vomiting at bay. I've noticed in the past couple of days that I can eat more now (2 pieces of toast a day anyway). I still rush to the toilet and make a lot of noise when I smell my husbands dinner, but my food seems to stay down which is a good start. It seems like my sickness is caused mainly by smells. Anything and everything can set me off. On a more positive note, I think I felt a little flutter the other day. It wasn't for long and from how everyone has explained it to me, I'm sure it was bubba saying hi

As for gender, I'm with Loveabug. After all the interventions we go through with IVF, I am more than happy to wait until the end to find out what my baby is. DH would rather find out but he is standing by my decision. I think deep down you always know if you want to keep it a surprise or not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow I take a break from Bub Hub and it's all happening.

Starf1sh WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Hoooooooooooooooooo
    Congratulations that's such great news

Congrats to all the other ladies too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starfish ... Still super excited for you!
    If you wear jeans, jeans west maternity jeans are great.

when we knew our pregnancy was going well DH was the one who suggested finding out the gender... I had always assumed we wouldn't, that we wait to be surprised .... A lot of people said "don't you want to be surprised?"
    But then when I thought about it, I thought, even if I know the gender I'll still get a surprise ... Not like it arrives and you go "oh yeah knew it was a boy, thanks" - you'll still be surprised to see what your little one looks like ...
    I remember being totally shocked at how big my boy was and that he had so much dark hair ... I'd expected a blondie!!
    It took a while to get used to what he looked like ... So that was surprise enough for me ... I'm glad I knew it was a boy ... There was so much else to get used to ...

Also I am from a family of all girls so it gave me some time to get my head around the idea of a boy and to do a bit of reading on raising boys

And it helped DH to bond before birth ... It helped him to start thinking and imagining how he would be a dad ... Knowing it was a boy meant he could start saying things like "we can go to the football together" etc ...

AND ... Anyway by the time it was the 20 weeks scan I was 90% sure it was a boy anyway .... Just had a feeling!

We also told everyone it was going to be a boy ... Which was great everyone bought lots of boy clothes and not just baby clothes but ones for when he was a bit bigger ... Truth be told we didn't need to buy him a thing ... And still don't ... Totally spoilt by all his aunties and granny!

you guys will work out what you want to do ... It'll be wonderful whatever choice you make!

I'm not sure i could have waited to find out ... Gosh I was impatient enough about wanting to see what he looked like! I'd have had 20 scans if I could have!!!

if you are not finding out though DO tell them before they start to do the ultrasound... The lady doing ours said 'he' accidentally, pretty much straight away!

ktking - I had full on morning sickness all day everyday for 15 weeks ... Luckily I was not working ... I wouldn't have been able to! I lost quite a bit of weight initially ... It stopped around 15 weeks luckily as I had to work again then!
    I found the heat made me worse..
    that said as much as feeling sick was not much fun I totally embraced it ... It was a clear sign that the pregnancy was going strong.

wishing you ALL beautiful pregnancies...
    the best bit is when you REALLY feel them moving ... Mine started at 20 weeks
    its totally amazing ..

And I hope you are able to love every moment of every bit of the pregnancy, birth and then the sleepless nights!
    Lol ... That's where I am up to - I bought a coffee machine today to help me survive!
    Beautiful Indy is 6 months old today ... I still can't believe I have him!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by fionaalice; 05-01-2013 at 18:57. Reason: Spelling

4. The Following User Says Thank You to fionaalice For This Useful Post:

SummerShine  (05-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fiona, gorgeous pic of your gorgeous boy! I still read your DH's blog from time to time and loved the pic of Indy in his Santa suit!

Finding out the gender is a very personal decision and we are all motivated by different reasons. Fi, I agree there is so much 'surprise' already (every friday I reach the milestone of another week and I am somewhat surprised!) and for me finding out the gender is one more variable I can have some control over when most of my fertility journey has been completely out of my control.

I also feel like I will be better prepared and perhaps better able to bond with the baby prior to the birth. We have still only told close friends and family we are expecting, (work colleagues still don't know!), however we went to a NYE party and the word naturally spread to a few friends of friends and I found it a little bit uncomfortable, like I was still tempting fate or something! Not sure if that one will ever go away entirely.

I think DH will likely come around to finding out, but I want him to do so in his own time and for his own reasons so I'm not putting any pressure on him. But I do want him to understand my reasons for finding out and vice versa I want to better understand his thinking.

Thanks for the tips on maternity jeans, will definitely check them out as the weather cools down and I get bigger. I ended up buying some stuff online from ASOS, a pregnant girlfriend put me onto them and I was amazed how reasonable their stuff was. I also bought a couple of things for work from ripe maternity in the sales. Going back to work Monday and just want to be comfortable rather than wearing big tops to hide the fact none of my pants/skirts will zip up!

Btw, our bub's EDD is 5/7/13! Snap!

Loveabug, good luck with the names. We have had a short list for many a year but even now and then a few new ones pop up (and my DH can come up with some seriously crazy ones, I think more to get a rise out of me than anything!)

KtKing, sorry to hear to MS has hit with a vengeance. I am starting to feel like I am turning the corner and feeling some of the energy come back. Hope yours doesn't last too long

Summershine, thank you How are you feeling?
    Last edited by Starf1sh; 07-01-2013 at 18:00.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Starf1sh For This Useful Post:

fionaalice  (06-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starfish, I am glad you didn't come up and say hi ... It wasn't me! But if you're in Melbourne again anytime I'd happily grab a cup of coffee!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Phew! Lucky I didn't then! But you do have a doppelganger in SE Melbourne!

I come to Melbourne regularly as my bestie lives there so will keep you posted on that coffee!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starf1sh I hear you on being cautious telling people. I didn't tell people until I was 20 weeks! Well work and immediate family new sooner but distance family and friends we didn't tell. After each milestone I kept saying to DH I will feel better once we "hear the hearbeat", "get past the 12 week scan", "get past the 18 week scan", "get to xx weeks" and so it goes on. You and me have being trying to conceive for about the same amount of time with numerous bumps in the road so I think this is just par for the course. I am enjoying the pregnancy though and love feeling him kicking. Yes him. We did find out the sex and very glad we did as everyone (and I mean everyone) said it was going to be a girl. So in our minds we were planning for a girl and at the scan we found out it's a boy. We were both in shock. I didn't care what sex the baby was but the fact that we had been convinced it was going to be a girl and it was a boy took us awhile to get our heades around. I am all prepared now and know how to decorate the nursery and people have given us so many clothes etc. I can't wait until meet my little man!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Summershine, how wonderful, a beautiful boy! I also suffer from the "after X time we will finally relax" affliction The relief following every milestone is brief and I soon find myself worrying about the next hurdle we face, particularly the possible placenta complications due to Asherman's.

Every single time I go for a scan (btw Fiona I had had 5 by the time I was 12 weeks! ) I still hold my breath for a moment while they find the heartbeat... and yep I still constantly knicker watch! The legacy of a long and challenging journey and many previous losses. But then I have to remind myself that this time is different and that I have the secret weapon gifted to me by my amazing sister, KAPOW! take that infertility!

I'm really glad to hear that you are enjoying your pregnancy more and feeling those amazing kicks. I'm sure I will feel better once I get to that stage.... There I go again!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all the amazing warrior women!

Hope you dont mind me popping in, i hold extra special thoughts and prayers to those who truly struggle through years of ivf and losses. Congratulations to those who have welcomed their precious little bundles and to those who have precious little growing bumps!

Starfish, I am so delighted to hear all is going so well and you had a great 12 wk scan...you know i am quietly high-fiving you at each step of the way!!

I remember those feelings too going in for each scan, even right towards the end i would sit in the waiting room nervously feeling for a kick to tell me all was still ok in there. I think i had 15 scans all up! We were so nervous about telling anybody i was pg, thinking we would jinx things, i waited til 16 wks to tell my best friend, even my family didnt know til about 25 wks when we HAD to cause i couldnt blame my round belly on too many chocolates!!

I always thought i would want to keep the sex a surprise at birth and DH too didn't want to find out beforehand but to be honest as the pregnancy progressed i got more and more impatient and excited and just wanted to know! We did kind of suspect a girl because the sonographer at 16wks did hint girl and then, me being the super sleuth detective that i am, went through all the scan images with a fine-tooth comb and googled all about 'hamburgers' and 'turtles' and we were pretty sure we could see a hamburger! even my Ob let it slip one day saying 'hang in there little girl' as i was walking out the door. I think no matter if you know or dont know at the birth...its going to be such a surprise to have that beautiful precious baby safe in your arms, its such a surreal moment...boy/girl expected or not!

Anyway, sending out cuddles and belly rubs for all your cherished little people...who are so blessed to have amazing mums like you all

Much love
    YY

12. The Following User Says Thank You to YinYang For This Useful Post:

Starf1sh  (12-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    BAHAHAHA! Hamburgers and turtles! And analysing every ultrasound for evidence of either, yep that is something I'd definitely do. I have also heard MANY stories of healthcare providers 'slipping up' and accidentally disclosing the gender.

1st birthday for your DD coming up soon YY! Can you believe it??!

Soooo hot in Sydney today, have just come back from a swim at the beach. Bliss!
    Last edited by Starf1sh; 08-01-2013 at 18:22.