+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 59 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Long Term IVFers finally pregnant!

Omg Starf1sh!!!!!!!! Congratulations
    So so happy for you!
    I still remember how relieved I was when I first came across your thread and found that there were other people in the same boat, and I found the support and wealth of knowledge invaluable.
    Very excited and happy for you! xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks Haydos I am just SOOOO thrilled for all of you long term gals that you are finally holding your healthy bubs and to hear how blissful you all sound (despite the sleeplessness and endless nappies! )

I am just hoping so much that we are going to make it to the end this time with a healthy baby. We had our 1st OB appt yesterday and saw our bub again, always reassuring to hear that heartbeat! It was also a confronting appointment as we revisted all the potential complications we face as a result of being a post Asherman's pregnancy like placenta accreta/praevia, IUGR if the placenta fails and premature delivery. According to OB the risks are small based on his previous AS patients (likely less than 10%) but it still brought me down to earth with a thud after the high of getting this far.

I also found out I am also a candidate for pre-eclampsia due to the combination of my age and my factor V status which was new information to me It is pretty confronting being classified as a 'high risk' pregnancy when the journey has already been so hard to get here, but the technology to monitor these issues is quite remarkable and my OB is being very diligent and seeing me weekly at the moment which is reassuring.

Ktking, hope you are having a good week and all going well? It must be a bit of a blessing in disguise to not have to manage a tricky work situation right now? I ended up telling my boss about the pregnancy today due to the weekly OB appointments and she was very supportive, which was a weight off my mind!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Star, I was classified as a high risk preg but in the end it all went remarkably smoothly.
    i also got weekly scans till 12 weeks. If your ever worried or just want that reassurance, just call your OB or visit your hospital...I did and they were really cool about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Star---I was high risk too due to bleeding non stop till about 15 weeks, and the multiple fibroids, I had scans almost weekly till about 14 weeks too. I have a Doppler at home, so I can listen in everyday from about 11 weeks onwards. It is actually quite a relieve to be able to just have a listen to reassure myself esp with the bleeding.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Marzi and Frosty, very reassuring that both of your 'high risk' situations worked out beautifully in the end

I guess there is always another mountain to climb and fears to quell whether TTC/ pregnant/ or as a new mummy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So this is so my thread. I am 42 years old, been TTC for 11.5 years, IVF 6years (probably nearly 25 cycles i think). Lost my tubes from endo, numerous cysts so had to keep having my cysts removed. Each time I did my transfers my cervix had to be pulled down to get the embryo's in (ouch this hurt) My dad passed away in August ( the night before my Egg Pick Up actually) . Finally I say enough is enough I am doing one more cycle with The Fertility Centre at springwood, had done 1 previous to it. I did my transfer, 2 embies in, flew to tassie for a week holiday, than moved the whole weekend when we got back. trying to take it easy always thinking things couldnt possibly go my way. i am due for my blood test, and i think ill just wait to get my period, its easier than having someone say "sorry you are not pregnant"....still no period on wednesday so decide to do a home preg test...omg i see 2 lines, so i do another one, it also has 2 lines. I have been waiting so long to see 2 lines on MY pregnancy test, not my friends, not in a movie. So i go and do a blood test that than i find out at 2pm that i am pregnant. I cannot believe the words as they are coming out of the nurses mouth. Yay finally my miracle has happened and I am going to be a mum....

Thanks
    Reviews
    cagav---So thrilled for you! Congratulations!

All you girls deserve your long awaited and much wanted miracles! Ktking, Starfish and cagav! Yay!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Cagav! Hope you sail through the next milestones and have a very uneventful pregnancy ahead of you!

Thanks
    Reviews

Congratulations Cagav, wonderful news!

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi all,
    Very anxious morning here but all went well with our NT scan and combined results came back as low risk for everything, so no further testing recommended.

Can't tell you how relieved we are (and god bless sis' 34 yo eggs!)

Merry Christmas to all the LTIVFWW, particularly those celebrating their bubs 1st Xmas and look forward to seeing more names here in the not too distant future xx

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Starf1sh For This Useful Post:

felicita  (24-12-2012),lilybaby  (24-12-2012)