+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 59 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Haydos, she's beautiful!

Thanks for posting your advice Fionaalice - I like hearing everyone's tips for routines.

AFM - I'm just past 32 weeks now and my placenta praevia is still grade 4, so will definitely be a caesar. My OB will confirm this afternoon, but I think it will be 23rd October. I've had enough time to come to terms with needing a caesar so now we're starting to get excited - I can't believe we're going to be parents in 5 weeks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Haydos---How beautiful!

cjm---Are we there yet????

rb29---I reckon if you're gonna have a CS is to have elective, everything will be calm and predictable and safe.

Marzi and Fiona.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,
    I am pleased to announce the safe arrival of our gorgeous little miracle man -- Thomas Matthew, @ 4.44pm on September 14th, induced labour with natural delivery and no epidural (although I do have more than few stitches downstairs as he refused to be turned around and came out face up! Ouch !!!!). He is perfect in every way and I cannot believe how absolutely in love with him we are. Breast feeding is a bit slow as I haven't quite got enough milk yet, but sup plementing with formula and the little one had trouble attaching so had to stay another day in hospital. Had a bad case of the baby blues yesterday and a much needed huge release of tears but feeling now like I can conquer anything! Will post pictures tomorrow!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cjm - congratulations!! Welcome Thomas
    My milk was slow to come in, it was so stressful and made me upset many times .... Hang in there ... Mine took 6 weeks until it was all good. Look on the forum for the lactation cookies and get a batch made ... They are Yummy and I swear they make a huge difference! Tears are all part of it ... They will pass!
    Its amazing how much you love them isn't it!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    cjm---CONGRATULATIONS!!! Welcome little Thomas! It can be quite overwhelming initially with emotions in every direction. Can't believe such a little thing can pull so much at your heartstrings. BF is not easy for a lot of people. I came out of hospital with both totally grazed nipples and had to express on and off for 8 weeks. We had troubles till about 6 weeks too. I also supp with formula while in hospital as she was getting jaundiced and there wasn't enough milk in the first few days. Give the lactation cookies a try I reckon they work too. I also took fenugreek and milk thistle tablets, they worked better than motilium for me. Check out my lactation cookies recipe (this is better than the original) http://playinginkitchen.blogspot.com...n-cookies.html

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations cjm!!! I hope Thomas has settled in nicely at home. Glad to hear you're feeling better also.

I'd never heard of lactation cookies - thanks for the recipes ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    CJM
    HUGE CONGRATULAITONS on the birth of baby Thomas!!!
    how much did he weigh etc? I'll update the roll call. My milk took a few days also. I was put on a tablet that helps. It only took two doses. Also if you express do so in the morning as you have more milk then. The more you feed/express the more your body will produce (your body thinks 'hungry baby'). I still have issues with one boob.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone Any other pics from anyone??

Fionaalice - Is Wonder Weeks worth getting do you think? I haven't heard of lactation cookies either, will check them out.

Rb29 - It doesn't matter how it happens as long you and bub are healthy and happy. Let me know if you have any questions about mine (which was emergency so may be a little different).

Cjm - fantastic news, congratulations!! Well done on no epidural. From what I've heard the baby blues around that time is due to the change from pregnancy to breastfeeding hormones. We had latching issues too and my advice would be to pull him off if it's hurting and not put up with it thinking you're doing the right thing for him. I did this for a while, especially when she was really hungry and would attack my nipples. In the end I had to give her some expressed milk/collosterim first to calm her down and take the edge off the hunger and then switch to feeding while I got used to it and I found that helped.

Well my fairly easy run with my beautiful easy to calm baby is over as she has hip dysplasia (shallow hip socket) and has to be in a splint over her back, shoulders and legs. It was fitted Friday morning and she has been inconsolable since then. Feeding is much harder and I can't hug her against me easily to calm her down and it's just heartbreaking, she is so so upset and I really don't know how we will get through 6 weeks of this. I really just want to make it all better for her but I can't

Also is anyone else's BubHub mobile app playing up?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haydos,
    sorry to hear your poor bubba is having a tough time. I hope the 6 weeks flies by. I am sure bubba will adjust ... And you, though it must be so difficult
    pick didn't buy wonder weeks but downloaded the iPhone app ... Not sure I have time for reading anymore!

Thanks
    Reviews
    graduate thread here!
    http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...16#post6843816

Hope that worked :-)

If not, look in preg forum under Worrior Women-Mummy's at Last