+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 59 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Marzi, Frosty and Fiona for your updates. It's refreshing to hear honest stories about how everything is going, especially the c-sect and breastfeeding. I'm so happy for all of you and your lovely bubs xxx

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Long Term IVFers finally pregnant!

Cjm1 - yes, I've been doing the tilts, unfortunately it's been pretty bad the whole way through despite exercises, physio and support shorts. But the obst said today maybe with so much relaxin hormone it could make for an easier birth. Not sure if she was just humouring me or not though. We found out today that bub is already 3.4kg at 37.5 weeks, so she is likely to be pretty big so hopefully that was true!

Our preps are all pretty much done now, bags packed, clothes washed etc. Hopefully we have remembered everything we needed to do!

Fionaalice - glad to hear you're doing well, hope you're over the recovery bit soon

Frostysmum - that's great Aloise is being an easy baby. Wow 4 months already, how is that possible?

Marzi - Sounds like you are doing well too. I can't wait til we have all caught up with you guys!

I agree with rb29, it's great to hear honest accounts of how the birth and recovery and breastfeeding are. It's good to know the real ups and downs and that we're all (or soon will be) in the same boat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls

Haydos -- fingers crossed for that easy birth -- I'm getting more nervous as the time creeps by !! I think I am about 3-3.5 kilos of baby as well, and my stomach muscles are getting quite sore from the stretching, especially if I do too much walking around. I am told the size is normal, and the head about 8cms so I hope little one doesn't get too much bigger as I am only little.

Frostysmum, Marzi, and Fiona Alice -- so glad to hear everything is going well with you all, and it is possible to cope.

AFM -- things are going along well and we will be 38 weeks at the end of this week, starting to get nervous about birth and stuff -- we are aiming to go natural, but have already had the talk with the OB about inducing if we go over. Got a little scared yesterday as DH and I were on our way to a day outing, and I started having really bad period pains -- turned ourselves around, rang the hospital who said "go enjoy your day", and ended up back home for a picnic in our back yard -- of course by the time we had got home the pains had well and truly stopped, so I felt really silly and upset to have spoilt our day out! To make matters worse I had a couple of episodes of seeing "spots" which was a bit freaky -- no other symptoms, and the "spots" went away fairly quickly. I actually feel very well physically excrpt for the occasional aches/and niggles but I hate this waiting game !!

BTW did anyone else drink rasberry leaf tea in the latter stages of pregnancy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    cjm1---One more week to go! How are you feeling?

Haydos---How about you?

Sorted out the names, hospital bags packed, camera battery charged, phone list prepared etc. How exciting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    *ROLL CALL*

Due Dates

Haydos --- 31 Aug 2012

cjm --- 6 Sept 2012

felicita --- Twins 15 Oct 2012

RB --- 11 Nov 2012

Arrivals

Lilybaby --- Ethan 14/3/12 born at 24+4 weeks 570g

Frostymum --- Aloise 30/4/12 born at 38 weeks 7lb 2oz

Fionaalice --- Indy 5/7/12 born at 41+4 weeks 4kg/8lb 13oz

Marzi --- James 1/8/12 born at 38+3 weeks 3.72kg/7lb 2oz

Scans/Appointments

Last edited by BH-tech; 07-01-2015 at 11:53. Reason: Image Error

Thanks
    Reviews

Cjm1 - I'm getting nervous about the birth too, am reading a book called Birth Skills at the moment which has some distraction techniques that may help a bit during labour. A friend has used them before and recommended, but if the pain gets too much I'll probably decide to have an epidural but would rather leave it as long as possible without.
    With the spots have you mentioned it to your OB? I've been asked about that a few times (but haven't had it) as I'm being monitored for preeclampsia. Having said that, all the symptoms I'm being asked about are also normal preg symptoms.

Frostysmum - I'm starting to feel increasingly uncomfortable, don't get enough sleep despite trying to (hence why this post is at 5am!), have been getting lots of leg cramps and sciatic pain, feeling very heavy now, shooting pains (which I think is to do with her dropping) but not that many BH/contractions. My OB says the average is 4 or 5 days late so I'm expecting her around the 5th, so not too much longer. I'm getting impatient now though with everything done, and finding it hard to relax so still finding projects around the house to do (not nesting just my personality I think, I'm not a good bored person)

Marzi - I'll have to log onto my pc as I'm getting a connection error on what I think might be a baby pic??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cjm & Haydos
    how exciting - not long!!!
    Yep, the last bit of pregnancy is a drag - you must bothe be getting impatient.

cjm - I took raspberry leaf tablets in the last couple of months. Not sure if it helped or not!

Haydos, going over the due date sucks! Your life is just on hold ... waiting, wondering ... Is today the day ... Drove me a little crazy!

New mummies - How are Ethan, Eloise & James going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haydos, I don't know how to add a pic....anyone able to explain??

Thanks
    Reviews

No idea sorry Marzi.

We had our last scan yesterday and if bub is still not here, she will be induced mid next week so the end is near. She has dropped which is good but no other progress yet.... Hurry up little one...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Marzi---when you go to the reply page there is a insert image icon in the second row, it's not on the quick reply page, so you need to go into the proper reply to thread (double click on the reply button.

cjm---Any action yet?!!! Can't wait.