+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 59 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Such wonderful news -- congratulations Marzi !! Glad to hear all is going well !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congratulations Marzi!
    Hope you are recovering well and enjoying the first few days

Thanks
    Reviews
    How's the first week going Marzi?

Has anyone else had bad pelvic girdle pain? I've had it for many months now but now I'm nearly 37 weeks it's getting so much more painful/uncomfortable. Lots of fun.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Marzi--Any chance of a photo?

Haydos--I had lots of pains in the last month or two every time I walk for more than 10 minutes. I make a bee line to the nearest chair all the time.

cjm---Who's next, Haydos or yourself?

Can't wait for the next announcement.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls
    Hope you are doing well Marzi !

I think Haydos is next in line by about a week -- we will have to wait and see what our bubs decide for us !! lol

I had some pain around the pelvis too Haydos and found that pelvic tilts really helped -- if you google "pelvic tilt pregnant" you should gets lots of hits.
    My tummy aches more than my pelvis -- especially if I have been walking around -- I think it is from baby growing, and stretching my stomach as it is definately muscle related. Also, I find one side (the side baby rests on the most) hurts when I laugh too hard, or sneeze, or breathe too deeply. Other than that everything seems to be going well !!

Hope everyone is going well !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    How is everyone??
    marzi how are you coping?
    our gorgeous boy is 5 and a half weeks and growing well. He is so beautiful. Still can't believe I have him!
    still recovering from the csection - I have doc check up next week, hopefully after that I can start to do some strengthening exercises.
    come on everyone chat chat, I want to know everyone's news!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Fionaalice

Glad to hear Indy is doing well. How have you been after the csection? I mean, how long did it take to get back on your feet, be able to move around comfortably? I'm a little bit nervous about it, but I'm also hoping that I will be that loved up by our new baby that it won't be that bad...?

I hope everyone else is doing well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Fiona---How's your little bub? I hope he's been easy on you. The first month I found was really tough but things will get easier. There is light at the end of the tunnel. My little Aloise is almost 4 months old, smiles a lot, loves to "chat", and we're so blessed she's been an easy going baby. She's starting to want to sleep through the night.

Marzi---Hope you're surviving the first weeks and BF'ing. My BFF has hyperprolactinaemia (had to take bromocriptine to fall pregnant) but also managed to breastfeed both times.

rb29--- Are you planning an elective CS? I had one too, it went more smoothly than I anticipated, all without a hitch. The pain was really bad only the first few days, like realllllll bad the first time you had to get out of bed,(but the nurses will help you), after that it gradually reduces over time. By the time I got out of hospy I was only taking Panadol or Nurofen, and Endone only if I had to get up too many times in the night to feed bub. I wasn't taking any painkillers at all by week 3 and was driving by the end of that week.

Haydos and cjm---How are the last minute preps going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone.

Still loving having our baby - still can't believe it, at still crying over how lucky we are and how beautiful he is.

Frosty - he is such a good baby, I really can't complain. It is tiring though
    I love sleep, so its a big change! First couple of weeks we had no idea what we were doing really, and hard due to SO many visitors! But after that things have settled and we find ourselves in a vague routine and Indy is very happy.
    Glad Aloise is going well, can't wait for the smiles and giggles stage .

RB -the C section - as Frosty said you are up and about the next day. I didn't have too much pain in hospital, drugs and not much moving around. At home I just took it easy. I found the pain worst in bed, getting in and out. Or up and down from the couch. I've actually found it quite frustrating, the weakness in my stomach. Means my back aches more and I just hate not having that strength. I feel like i want to bemore active but dont feel strong enough in my core yet. Hoping at my 6 week check up (thurs) the doc will apprpve me to start exercising and strengthening. This week (5 weeks after) I've felt quite bruised in the tummy area. The actual procedure, for me, was fine, no problem. I mean I felt a bit disconnected to what was going on, and the baby, until it was all over and I got to hold the baby, and feed him. But that time was a great and special time for my DH, holding and falling in love with his son.

Breast feeding was at first a struggle, perhaps due to the Csection, or blood loss ... Not sure ... But Indy initially loss more weight than they like, wasn't getting enough milk. So we have had to top up initially with formula, then expressed breast milk, and lots of weigh ins, until finally last week we started exclusively breast feeding, so that is much easier now. I still worry every week if he is getting enough and putting on weight. But he is happy & healthy, and cries very little ... So all seems well. Although we do get a fair bit of spew ... Which is no problem other that for me, all the clothes changes and washing ... For both of us!!

Ok better go get dressed while I get a chance before Indy wakes for next feed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, sorry for being a bit quiet....where does the time go?

Update
    i have what is surely the most patient baby ever born!! He really is making it easier to adjust!!
    his common cry is about 2 waa's and that's it unless he is tired and or cold eg if he wee'd or puked on his clothes and I change hin. Happens at night mostly (naturally)!!
    Breast feeding has gone from being super hard and painful, to being able to get him attached and at times even walk around with him on boob. Nipples are still sore, but I expressed tor a few days to give them time to heal. This helped soo much!!
    Fiona, the c-sect was really quick (8min) till he was born! They took longer to wash their hands!! Once he was out, they show you then do his tests vit k jab and wrap him. Then he is in your arms and you don't care about being stitched up. Your partner watches his id leg tags go on so you know there will be no mixups. They got him to the breast in recovery. DH went to the nursery with him so he could warm up, great bonding moment for him.
    id choose the ,out the sun roof' method over natural again even if it wasn't my only option for birth. My sister had her boy on the 12th aug after 23 hrs of labor.
    lm on tramadol (if that's how you spell it) I take 1-2 a day as needed. Oxy at night, tho i Tookie Ons thaïs am for migraine. Taking 2panadol site thé oxy mâles it WorkAir betterave. I havé x 3 voltaran à Dany. Still have pain 13 days after (belly button to bikini line).
    My stitches are starting to itch which means they are healing. So that's good.
    james is drunk on milk now!
    There is a few great nursing apps that help to keep track of feeds and what boob fed last etc.
    I would post a pic if I knew how...help?

Sorry for the thesis I better get a nap I. And try to ditch this migraine.

Loves to all
    xx