+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 59 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congrats Rice! After such an eventful TCC and conception, as well as early pregnancy in my case, I was really pinching myself to have an uneventful birth and post natal period.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Latest news for me is that it's all good with the blood test results and scan. Saw the OB today. He used a Doppler to hear the baby's heartbeat which he heard faintly. He said that's fine at 13 weeks. I hope so. I'm to continue injections right up to the birth and he said I can continue progesterone pessaries till 20 weeks and then we'll talk about it. He knows I'm scared to go off them. All else good )

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anyone hired a Doppler for home use and how do you find it??? How do you know what's a good one to hire??

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used one just because I was super paranoid. My friend gave me hers, it was a medical grade one though (Hutchinson brand) I think she paid almost $900 for it. I could pick up the heartbeat from around 11 weeks, but I do it all the time at work so I'm familiar with using one. It shouldn't be too hard after 13 weeks with a half full bladder to raise the womb up a bit over the pelvic bone.

We have a cheapie Hibebe at work (I hate though as it's temperamental), I think some companies hire those out. I think any doppler would be OK for short term amateur use anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks frostysmum. I'm undecided as to whether to get one as its likely to make me super paranoid and want to constantly check the heartbeat. I wonder whether it's better for my sanity not to have the Doppler at home???

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some really sad news from me. My membranes have ruptured and I've lost all the amniotic fluid around our baby. I rushed to have a scan today which showed no fluid. The OB have me the bad news and says we have no chance for this pregnancy to survive even though the heartbeat is still very strong. He wants to do a D&C on Sat. We are absolutely devastated after getting this far to 13 weeks. I don't know what to do but looks like it might be best to get it over with on Sat and move on. My heart aches!!!

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry Mary, so devastating. Big hug I wish there's something that can make it better for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mary- my waters broke around one twin at 26+6 weeks and tomorrow I am 30 weeks. It was thought I would go into labour within 4 days but didn't. I am in hospital til they are delivered and have regular checks for infection and regular scans for fluid and growth. I am still leaking heaps as it is reproduced and there is little fluid around my lil boy but he is still growing. There is someone here or has been that ruptured membranes at 16 weeks and is now 29
    weeks.
    I would seek a second opinion first. Maybe ring the hospital ( antenatal ward) in your state that has premie babies The only thing if you leave it and still ends up being nonviable you may have to deliver instead of D&C. So sorry you are in this position and have a difficult time ahead.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry to hear that Mary - you've already been through so much. Thinking of you today.

Sent from my HTC Desire using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry to hear that Mary - you've already been through so much. Thinking of you today.

Sent from my HTC Desire using BubHub