+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 59 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Fiona---Good feeling to finish up work and wait for the big day. I kept thinking up new things to get or organised during those few weeks, time flew past quickly. Some of the things that I found most helpful are: stock up your pantry and fridge including packets of biscuits and refreshment for visitors, cook up some meals for the freezer. A week's worth of cheap grandma undies (important if you have CS that the waist is above the incision line) two sizes bigger than your non pregnant size and a few breastfeeding singlets or comfortable BF'ing bras that you can sleep in.

Felicita---Congrats on the pigeon pair. Nice traditional names! I didn't feel much movements till 20+ weeks with an anterior placenta. Maybe the twins have less room to move around. Is your ear better?

Marzi---My baby had her hand in front of her face most of the time too during scans. Do you wonder what baby will look like?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Hope someone can help me with some advice. At what week of pregnancy did you stop taking the progesterone pessaries or crinone?? I'm 13 weeks tomorrow and currently taking 3 progesterone pessaries in the morning and 3 at night. I'm so scared to stop or decrease it in case I start to bleed. My OB said I could decrease it to 4 per day back when I was about 10 weeks but I was reluctant. He said ok just continue same if it made me more comfortable. But I'm sure he's going to want me to decrease it or stop it altogether very soon. So wondering what others did???

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    A big YAYY for reaching 13 weeks and starting the second trimester! So excited! Another milestone down!

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maryz - My follies were making plenty of progesterone so I came off supplements when I got the BT results at 16dpo.
    With yours, I would expect to have blood tests to check that placenta has started making sufficient progesterone and then to wean off the supplements, with more blood tests just to check levels on the way.

Frostysmum - My ear got better right before my last Ob appt. I asked about it anyway and she'd never heard of such a thing with pregnancy. It came back again the week after the appt, but has gone again now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Felicita, for your pidgeon pair! Very excited for you!

Frosty, Alouise sounds like she is thriving and you are completely besotted!

Lily, (thanks Marzi for the update) so pleased to hear Ethan is doing so well and hoping he will be coming home soon

Marzi, Fi, Haydos, Rice and Maryz, wonderful to hear all is progressing so beautifully. Looking forward to the next round of Warrior bubs born to our beautiful Warrior Women
    Last edited by Starf1sh; 26-05-2012 at 12:00. Reason: sp

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Starf1sh For This Useful Post:

felicita  (27-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Star, thanks so much for your continued support. I truly hope it is your time really soon. You are one of the most amazing and strong women I know. I have you always in my thoughts xx

Maryz, as I have a hormone issue called Kallmanns. Meaning my body does not make hormones. The placenta is supposed to take over, but I didn't have much confidence in that...not enough to ditch the drug support. My OB agreed so I am still on 1x crinone a day untill birth. I did try weaning off the prognova at 16 weeks (OB said I could) but it didn't feel right so I have kept myself on 1x per day.
    Discuss with your OB but make it clear that you are very worried about stopping. It does no harm to stay on the progesterone. It is helping my cervix stay closed....it should be about 4cm, mine goes from 2.5-2.7. crinone is what I would have been prescribed anyway but I'm already on it so all good.

Hope that helps you xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Felicita: Thanks, I am seeing my OB tomorrow and will tell him I am concerned about just stopping the progesterone support.

Starf1sh: Many thanks for the well wishes

Marzi: Very helpful info, thanks. Will be raising this with my OB tomorrow. I don't quite understand about the cervix though, what does it have to be normally during pregnancy? how do they measure it?

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mary, it sits at about 4 cm. it basically keeps your womb closed. They measure with an internal u/s. So better to be measuring more, but he is happy mine is holding well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lovely ladies

Update: 12w scan went well - was amazing to see our baby boy moving around & kicking his legs! We're low risk for downs so making our "we're expecting" announcements today

Rice x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Rice, it's a great feeling knowing its all going well. And so exciting announcing it to everyone.