+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 59 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well I'm still in hospital. Scan today was fantastic. Baby's heartbeat 144 beats per minute and it's measuring spot on 7wk 5 days today!! We are ecstatic!! The spotting has settled for now. Pain in ovaries still terribly sore due to the hyperstimulation and the cysts. Large 9cm cyst on left ovary and 6cm on right ovary. Not sure when they will let me go home.

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I spent 3 days in hospital, got released yesterday feeling better with the cysts on my ovaries. However still 9cm cyst on left ovary and 6cm on the right side. But now more dramas. Developed 37.8 temperature tonight and feeling real hot. No cold/flu systems just temperature so no idea what's wrong. How do I get rid of the temp? I know it's not good during early pregnancy.

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maryz - I hope you didn't catch anything nasty during your hospital stay. Panadol will help lower fever, and I'm told by Ob is safe in pregnancy. But even if you do lower temp, pay attention to any other symptoms of illness to make sure you haven't landed in a bigger problem.
    Hope it turns out OK.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maryz---I hope you feel better soon.

Felicita---Are you going to find out the gender of the bubs?

AFM---Just a little over a week to go for me. Missy is still breech, just as well we're having elective CS. Just running around (figuratively speaking) doing all the last minute things. I find I have to write to do lists, the preggy brain not working, and my hands are buggered (keep dropping things), and I'm so huge and can't walk to much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. I am feeling better, the temperature is gone, no other symptoms thank god!! Still sore ovaries due to the large cysts but that's not likely to go soon. I just hope it doesn't land me in hospital again. We've just hit 8 wks yesterday and I'm looking forward to hopefully a smoother rest of the pregnancy, fingers crossed! We decided that we are not finding out the gender and will go for the surprise on the day. We've waited nearly 10 years for this baby and neither of us care if it's a boy or a girl, main thing is its healthy so we'll go with the surprise Good luck frostysmum, woww you are nearly there!!

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    All the best Frosty!!
    post pics of bubs when you can xx
    so exited for you!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    *ROLL CALL*

Due Dates
    Frostysmum --- 14 May 2012 (elective CS First week of May)

Fionaalice --- 24 June 2012

Marzi --- 11 Aug 2012 (elective CS 1st August)

Haydos --- 31 Aug 2012

cjm --- 6 Sept 2012

felicita --- Twins 15 Oct 2012

RB --- 11 Nov 2012

Maryz--- 1 Dec 2012

Arrivals

Lilybaby --- Ethan 14/3/12 born early at 24+4 weeks 570g

Scans/Appointments due

Haydos --- Morphology scan next week
    Maryz --- 16 April First scan
    Marzi --- 28 week scan 16 May, OB app 17 May

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bumped the roll call up to make it easier to update :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wondering if anyone knows much about cystic fibrosis ? My husband is a carrier but I am not. I know our chances of a child with the disease is slim compared to a 25 percent chance if we were both carriers. I'm not keen on an amniocentesis due to the risk of miscarriage, however low. It took me over 9 years to get pregnant for the first time so I'm not prepared to take any chances. Did anyone face this situation? What did you do?

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    CF is recessive, so your child has 0% chance of having CF, 50% chance of being a carrier, and 50% chance of getting healthy genes.

The CF gene makes a protein that controls thickness of mucous (among other things). If you have one good copy of the gene (which will definitely be inherited from you) then you have enough control over the mucous, regardless of whether the other copy (inherited from your DH) is the good or the bad one.