+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies! How's everyone spending their long weekend?

Maryz---I had little waves of nausea even before the BT to confirm BFP, but MS wasn't really bad for me at all both pregnancies, I think I only ever vomitted once each. However I was on Prednisone for the first 10 weeks, and it has antiemetic effects. I had the cramps in most of my BFPs, it's worse if the hormone levels were high (ie. slightly overstimmed). This time I felt like I've been punched in the lower abdomen the whole time up till about 13-14 weeks. I get the low cramps as well 30mins after using the progesterone. They say once you see a heartbeat the stats are really good for a take home baby.

Marzi--- How are you? I'm glad I finished work, as I think I'm expanding by the minute, it's getting very difficult to get around now. My right hand is almost always numb now from carpal tunnel syndrome, the cankles don't hurt, I just can't fit into my shoes anymore. Beside the constipation and haemorrhoids , there's the round ligament pains if I walk more than 10 minutes or if I walk too fast. LOL! You now regret asking how I'm feeling?

AFM---We're on the home stretch! I've never believed it'll ever be my turn. The nursery is all set up, even the bassinet and cot is made. The baby's hospital bag is packed, mine is half packed. We got the car seat yesterday. Missy is still breech, I'm starting to wonder if my fibroids are preventing her from turning. She was head down at 29 weeks but has since turned breech, she tried to flip two nights ago, (I felt her kicking my stomach instead of bladder) but didn't stay down. Anyway, I'm booked for elective C/S. My ob wanted me to have one, one of her main reason was this is such a "precious" pregnancy after what we've been through to get here, she wanted a controlled environment. She also worried about my multiple fibroids obstructing labour. Now it seems bub is breech as well. I didn't need a lot of convincing to go elective CS either LOL! DH is using the holiday to fix up all the stuff he's put off doing for months and years. He said he's "nesting". ROFL! Talk about being a drama queen!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Frostysmum: Yes I am on Dexamethasone, similar to Prednisone I believe. Thanks for info, you are right, i googled it and it has an antiemetic effect. Well I guess that's good news in a way I am feeling the same pain in my lower abdomen like you describe, feels like I been punched badly and it doesn't go away. Why is this??? I find it hard to even roll from side to side in bed it's so sore. I'm assuming maybe all the hormones? Well 9 days now till our scan Monday week, I can't wait.

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    Frosty, you made me laugh there!
    I hear you with the constipation.
    Bugger about the haemorrhoids and carpal tunnel.
    Im really glad they got you in for a c-sect with young miss in breach. Good to know what your in for in advance, no last min change if plans. What is the date of delivery?

Maryz, the nausea really kicked in for me at around six weeks. I still get it now and I'm 22 weeks. I get the full deal, tho I'm physically ill less now. You learn to not eat things that will bring on that reaction. For me its meat. Im more likley to get nausea at night (started out being all day, getting progressively worse as the day went on), so i eat what i can when i can at other times. I make up my protien by eating other things, like egg, milk and i go thru soo many up & go's!! I am on 1 prognova and 1 crinone a day (till birth). My Kallmanns means that my body does not produce its own hormones.

Ill try to put my c-sect date in the roll call...if it doesn't work, it is booked for the 1st Aug.

Thanks
    Reviews
    *ROLL CALL*

Due Dates
    Frostysmum --- 14 May 2012 (elective CS First week of May)

Fionaalice --- 24 June 2012

Marzi --- 11 Aug 2012 (elective CS 1st August)

Haydos --- 31 Aug 2012

cjm --- 6 Sept 2012

felicita --- Twins 15 Oct 2012

RB --- November?

Maryz--- 1 Dec 2012

Arrivals

Lilybaby --- Ethan 14/3/12 born early at 24+4 weeks 570g

Scans/Appointments due

Haydos---Morphology scan next weekRB29 --- 17 April First scan
    Marzi ---- 24 & 28 week scans booked ----

Thanks
    Reviews
    Marzi: I'm 6 wk 1 day today, the waves of nausea are still very mild. I'm on Dexamethasone till like the 16th week of pregnancy and apparently it's an effective anti- nausea drug too so that might be helping me. All going well and provided we hear the heartbeat next week (scan on the 16 April) my FS will be booking me in for an elective c-section at 38 weeks which will be mid Nov. I am officially due 1 Dec but he won't let me go past 38 weeks he said so that means mid Nov. I'm wondering how long you need to wait after a c-section to try to conceive again? Although that might not be an issue if I find I am carrying twins as we had 2 blastocysts transferred and we still don't know if it's one or two hehe

Happy Easter

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maryz---You're keen, talking about TCC #2 already! LOL! At this stage this is the only child for us, I'm already 40, and have done too many rounds of this IVF capers to even consider going back to square one as we don't have any frosties left. DH also has three older children (teenagers), and at this stage that's it for us. I suppose it also depends if you breastfeed, as you won't be able to do stim or medicated FET while BF'ing. You probably don't want to be pregnant for at least 3 months (some doctors would recommend a bit more) after a CS to allow the uterus to heal and return to non gravid size. It is exciting yet scary for the second TWW to the first scan isn't it? All we do it wait it seems. I'm waiting for bub to pass the 35 week mark or the 2.5kg mark and for the lungs to be mature enough if premature labour hits.

Good luck to both RB and Maryz for first scan and Haydos for morph scan.

Marzi---We haven't finalised the CS date yet. Ob wants to try swap it for later in the week.

Lily---Mwahh mwahhh to Ethan the little brave boy. Grow big and strong little one.
    Last edited by Frostysmum; 08-04-2012 at 11:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    *ROLL CALL*

Due Dates
    Frostysmum --- 14 May 2012 (elective CS First week of May)

Fionaalice --- 24 June 2012

Marzi --- 11 Aug 2012 (elective CS 1st August)

Haydos --- 31 Aug 2012

cjm --- 6 Sept 2012

felicita --- Twins 15 Oct 2012

RB --- November?

Maryz--- 1 Dec 2012

Arrivals

Lilybaby --- Ethan 14/3/12 born early at 24+4 weeks 570g

Scans/Appointments due

Haydos --- Morphology scan next week
    Maryz --- 16 April First scan
    RB29 --- 17 April First scan
    Marzi --- 24 & 28 week scans booked

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies,

Can someone give me some advice please?? Is it safe to get highlights/tips and colour my hair? I need to get it done desperately but I'm worried it's not safe during pregnancy especially in the first trimester?? I'm not sure what to do.

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,
    hope you're having a lovely Sunday!
    29 weeks today, enjoying feeling my little man wriggling around all the time. Starting to count down to meeting him.

sending To lily baby & Ethan

Mary - I chose not to have my hair done, even now in the 3rd trimester. Just not prepared to take any risks. When I had my hair cut the hairdresser said it was fine if they prevent the dye from touching your skin, but I was worried even just about breathing in the fumes. My little miracle took so long to get I just couldn't take any chances! But like everything, you should do what you feel comfortable with.

Hope you are all well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I waited till >30 weeks to have my hair chemically straightened. Highlights and foils should be fine though, but if you're worried, wait till you're past first trimester. I also worry about the fumes, but reckon I won't have time to do it once baby gets here, and I want easy hair routine when she's here.