+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies! Welcome and congratulations RB!!! I know what you mean by not daring to believe it's finally come true. I have 4 more weeks to meeting my little miracle bub. Even though the odds are quite good now I still worry about things going wrong, it's just so many things have gone wrong in the past, I often sit there thinking what other bad things can happen to us?

I finished work today!!! Hooray! Spent three hours tidying up loose ends and clearing my room out. It was tedious, but I got it done in the end. Lots of gifts and hugs and flowers. I felt like I was Princess Di. The girls at work have organised a baby shower for me tomorrow as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Update from Lily
    Ethan is 3 weeks old now. He has had his ups and downs, but is doing really well this week. His milk intake has increased. He has grown some hair since birth also. He is a little fighter, and very cute!
    Lily is recovering well and spends her days at the hospital with her little man.

Frosty, congrats on finishing work! Sounds like quite a party on your last day!
    how was the baby shower?

Have a happy and safe long weekend girls xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilybaby - congratulations on the birth, how is Ethan going??

Marzi - wow a little boy, very exciting. I know what you mean about checking, I'm pretty good most of the time but still get a bit paranoid sometimes.

Welcome RB

Frostysmum - nope, a little girl for me! Very excited
    I am 19 weeks tomorrow. The placenta is at the front so I've only felt her move a few times at Physio so far (sooooo much back pain).
    I have my 20 week scan next week so hope all goes well.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

I am new to this thread. I recently got my first ever BFP after 9 1/2 years of trying to conceive. I will be 6wks pregnant on Sat. I still worry all the time that something will go wrong. I'm getting very sore cramps for the last few weeks. Terribly bloated but otherwise super excited about baby

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I should have said that my 7wk scan is on the 16 April and we pray to hear that previous heartbeat. My due date is the 1 Dec and the dr has already said I should have an elective CS at 38 weeks. Is that common for IVF pregnancies for them to strongly recommend elective CS earlier??? And if my HCG is going up nicely, can I relax that the 7wk scan should go ok?? Hope someone can calm me somewhat

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi and welcome Maryz. Congratulations on your long awaited bfp (ours was a 5 year wait). Unfortunately one of the side effects of waiting so long is when you finally get there you're a lot more worried that something will go wrong than people who get pregnant easily. I found seeing the baby on the scans helped, and once you get to the 12 week mark chances are everything will be fine and it might be easier to relax a bit.
    I can't remember the stats but each week you progress, it looks more and more likely that things will be ok. Even when you first get your bfp, it's still much more likely that the baby will be ok, than not. So hard as it is, try to relax and not let the wait get to you. Good luck
    No idea about the C Section sorry, but we're ivf and not having one unless there are complications.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haydos, wow! Great post! Even calmed me a bit
    See my pervious post regarding Lilybaby and Ethan update.

Maryz, glad to see you in here
    I hope all goes well for your 7 week scan and you get to hear that beautiful sound of your baby's heartbeat.
    Im having an earlier c-sect too.
    My placenta was low and to the front and I even got spotting (scary).
    If the placenta is low, Bub can't be pushed out naturally. Also I had a septum (like a dividing wall in the uterus) removed and if I were to wait till full term and go natural, I could rupture my uterus on the inside. Very dangerous for me and Bub. So a c-sect is Deffinatly the way to go for me.

Frosty, how you feeling?
    Last edited by Marzi; 06-04-2012 at 12:05. Reason: Baby brain

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woops, we've been trying for over 6 years, not 5... Can't count.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haydos1979 & marzi: Thanks ladies, you have made me feel abit better I know I need to just relax, stay positive.

Can I ask a general question, when does the nausea really hit??? I've been having mild waves of nausea here and there but nothing too severe. Does it normally start after 6 wks?? I am 6wks tomorrow, very exciting!!

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    *ROLL CALL*

Due Dates
    Frostysmum --- 14 May 2012 (elective CS First week of May)

Fionaalice --- 24 June 2012

Marzi --- 11 Aug 2012 (elective CS no date yet)

Haydos --- 31 Aug 2012

cjm --- 6 Sept 2012

felicita --- Twins 15 Oct 2012

RB --- November?

Maryz--- 1 Dec 2012

Arrivals

Lilybaby --- Ethan 14/3/12 born early at 24+4 weeks 570g

Scans/Appointments due

Haydos---Morphology scan next weekRB29 --- 17 April First scan
    Last edited by Frostysmum; 06-04-2012 at 20:15.