+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 59 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,

such a lot of good news on this thread. Just stopping by to wish you all luck.

And I confess, to check on frostysmum mum who I am so excited to hear is going well. Wow, a nursery and everything....you must be so excited now.

You take it easy girl. Stopping work a great idea.

X giohara

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Giohara For This Useful Post:

Frostysmum  (24-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies, just a quick post.
    Thank you Frosty for putting Ethan in the "arrivals" section and thank you Starfish for your lovely post.
    Ethan is 10 days old today (I would have been 26 weeks pregnant today) and he has had a really good 24 hours - hopefully he keeps it up. I was finally sent home from hospital yesterday after being in there for 16 days and it was so hard to leave him at NICU but obviously there is no choice at all, he is going to need to be there for another 2-3 months while he grows bigger and stronger. It is still a really scary time and we are nervous everytime we ring for an update in the morning or before we walk into the nursery to see him but once we get there and watch him wave his little hands around or wriggle his toes and fingers it is such a huge relief. He is so tiny but absolutely gorgeous. The love we both feel for him just cant be described. It is so beautiful to watch DP talking to him, he is such a proud Daddy. The Dr's and nurses at NICU are amazing and we have both been in awe of the care they are giving our little boy, we'll never be able to thank them. I'll try to pop in here and will post when I can but it is very busy at the moment - we try to spend as much time as possible at the hospital with Ethan and I'm also expressing every 3 hours so time is very tight at the moment. Take care everyone xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lily baby - I was so shocked to pop in and read your last 2 posts!
    How scary for you! AND congratulations and welcome to your little boy Ethan! What a fighter he must be! Oh I cannot imagine how frightening it must have been, and must still be for you. I am sending so much love to you DH and your beautiful boy. Take Care xx

CJM - awesome news, hopefully now you can relax

marzi - whilst I still worry a little bit I felt much better after 20 weeks and more and more confident each week.
    Today we are 27 weeks and I still can't believe it, but am sooooo incredibly happy!

Hope you are all doing well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to fionaalice For This Useful Post:

lilybaby  (26-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    *ROLL CALL*

Due Dates
    Frostysmum --- 14 May 2012 (elective CS First week of May)

Fionaalice --- 24 June 2012

Marzi --- 11 Aug 2012 (elective CS no date yet)

Haydos --- "Secret" 31 Aug 2012

cjm --- 6 Sept 2012

felicita --- Twins 15 Oct 2012

Arrivals

Lilybaby --- Ethan 14/3/12 born early at 24+4 weeks 570g

Scans/Appointments due

Thanks Starfish and Giohara for popping in to visit. We want more members here!!!

Marzi---Yay for another LTIVFWW's boy. We're swaying towards the blue team here aren't we? I wonder what Haydo's got. I hope Felicita gets one of each.

Lilybaby---Thank you for the update. I've been wondering how little Ethan is doing. So very nervous time for you both. Glad to hear he's a little fighter. That's what it means isn't it? Strong and brave? (I've been looking for a little warrior's name for mine and Ethan is on my boy list)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Frostysmum For This Useful Post:

lilybaby  (26-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you fionaalice and Frosty

Frosty -
    in the baby book we used Ethan means " strong, firm and impetuous". He is certainly a very strong little boy. His middle name is Alexander which means "defender and warrior". Both names are very apt for our little man.

Thanks
    Reviews
    INTRUDER ALERT Lilybaby, we have sometimes posted on the same threads, just wanted to pop in here and say CONGRATULATIONS on Ethan's arrival . My little boy was premmie - not as early as yours, he was a 33 weeker - but I know that the NICU/Special Care journey is an emotional roller coaster - a physical one too, between the expressing milk and the constant back and forth to visit the hospital. Just wanted to tell you though that 5 years later, my little boy, and his good friend (whose Mum I met in NICU) - a little girl who arrived at 25 weeks - are both in Prep and you would never know they were prems, they are just two gorgeous, active kids, who well and truly keep up with their peers in every way. You, your DH and your little warrior Ethan will all be in my thoughts and prayers, and I look forward to the day you will be reunited in your own home to get on with your lives as a new family.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to tryingfortwo For This Useful Post:

lilybaby  (28-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tryingfortwo - thank you so much for your lovely post. It is lovely to hear positive stories of little premmie bubs who are now active, healthy kids. The NICU journey certainly is a rollercoaster but as long as our little man stays strong and gets big and healthy so he can eventually come home with us we will cope with whatever comes our way. Thank you again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone

I hope you don't mind me joining. After 4 years TTC, 2 IVF cycles, lots of FETs, an ectopic pregnancy and a chemical pregnancy, I am now 7wks 5 days pregnant. I've been stalking this thread and also the LTIVFWW thread for a while now but have been hesitant to join in - I still can't believe we are actually pregnant, althought it is still early days. At my 7wk scan last week, there were 2 cysts in the placenta which my dr was worried about so I have to go back and get them checked next week - more nervous waiting!!!

Lilybaby - I've seen you in a few threads over the past few years . I just wanted to say a huge congratulations and you and Ethan are in my thoughts. I know it's a long road ahead but he sounds like a fighter. Great choice of name too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    RB, welcome to the thread . I know what you mean...I'm 20 weeks and still hesatant to let my guard down. (I still check for blood every time I go to the loo) Six years and 22 ART cycles does that to a person!
    Sorry to hear of your trouble conceiving and your failed pregnancies, it's a tough road we are on.
    Im really happy to hear that you got a BFP And I hope those cysts are nothing to worry about. Let us know how you go and xx

Lily, would love to grab a coffee (decaf) if your keen tomorrow. I know you will be at the nciu and I don't want to take any Ethan time up. But if you want, I'll be around xx I can show you my bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome RB!

I think all of us who have struglled to get pregnant and then maintain pregnancy still worry. I am 28 weeks this weekend and still worry - even though all looks good.
    I had my glucose test this morning ... while waiting the receptionists were having a 'lovely' discussion about stillbirths .... while I sat there slowly freaking out! I managed to shut them out ... I don't even want to contemplate that!

Hope everyone is well.

Sending love & best wishes to Lilybaby & Ethan.