+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 59 1231151 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Long Term IVFers finally pregnant!

Hello! I thought I'd create a thread for long termers.

The definition of long term-er is loose, if you consider yourself having done enough time TCC using assisted reproductive methods to get here, or just want to drop by for a chat, just join in.

is of course warranted after such big efforts. Hip hip hooray! We've finally done it!

I'll start by saying I'm 23+weeks, little girly due mid May.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Frosty , thank you for starting this thread - especially since a few of us are starting to 'graduate' from the Long Term ivf Warrior Women thread.

How have you been feeling lately? Are you back doing more hours at work now? I'm on holidays until next week when I have to go in for 2 days and then full time back at school the following week. I'm currently 16+4 so will prob only teach for term 1 and will then go on leave, that's the plan at the moment anyway.
    Last edited by lilybaby; 18-01-2012 at 17:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    I just wanted to stick my head in and say congratulations to those of you who have finally 'graduated' into the pregnancy threads!!

My TTC/IVF journey was nowhere near as long as some of you ladies and I just wanted to say what strong woman you all are for persisting and never giving up hope!!

I hope your pregnancies are smooth sailing and you are holding your bubbas before you know it!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to summastarlet For This Useful Post:

cjm1  (18-01-2012),Frostysmum  (18-01-2012),lilybaby  (18-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    lilbaby---I was off completely for 2 months as I bled from 6 weeks to 14+ weeks, then ob still wasn't satisfied because of my previous 14.4 week mc,so she wanted me to take time off till the half way mark, which we've now passed and ob is very happy. I've gone back to work 3 mornings a week, and I don't think I'll increase it. My feet swell up and I've carpal tunnel in both hands. I'm hoping to work till end of March then have a month off and have elective CS first or second week of May.

Summastarlet---Thanks. I bet you're enjoying your little boy now. How does it feel to be a little family?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Frosty - 3 mornings a week sounds like a nice balance. It must be such a relief to pass the halfway mark. The carpal tunnel must be awful. I've been getting swollen feet for the last few weeks as soon as it gets to around 30+ degrees. I wonder what parents will think of me sitting with my feet elavated in the classroom , I can just imagine!
    If I finish at the end of term 1 I'll be 30 weeks and OB has already booked dates for me to have either a CS or be induced when I'm 38 weeks (mid June) so I'd have 8 weeks off. Part of me thinks that's a bit too long but the other half thinks it'll be great to sit at home on the couch or go out for coffee/lunch with friends. Plus I think it would be disruptive for my class if I go back for just a few weeks in term 2 - I'll wait and see how i'm feeling and what the OB advises I guess.

Summastarlet - thank you for your lovely message

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I'd love to join your thread.
    About me ... TTC for 6 years, 9 embryos over 3 years - couple of miscarriages.
    Decided enough was enough and gave up, nearly 40 and thought it wasn't going to happen. DH and I decided to move to Bali for 5 months with the intention of settling not a childless future there and then fell pregnant with our little miracle.
    Returning back to Melbourne in a few days. Currently 17weeks 3days and super excited!
    Lilybaby - I'm also a teacher and we will be due close to each other
    to all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,
    I've met most of you in the other thread for LongTerm TTC. I am 7 weeks today according to this little calculator (which I think I got from someone else in the other thread) http://ivf.ca/duedate.php
    So far so good -- a few niggles here and there. I am booked in with an OB but not till week 12 which is also when the NT/CVS testing is due. Seems late to me to be getting in with an OB but he is apparently very busy. Second scan in a week and a half and I am looking forward to seeing how much the little bean has grown!!

Thanks for starting the thread FrostysMum -- hope you are doing ok !!
    and thanks for the congrats to us all summastarlet -- it certainly has been a long road.

Lilbaby and fionaalice -- I'm a teacher too, but not looking forward too going back as I am High School and this year I am teaching all over the school, At least the stairs will keep me fit. But I know a lot of the classrooms I'm in won't have aircon ! At least I will only have to do 2 terms !

PS any thoughts on waxing early on in pregnancy -- I can leave the bikini line but I really need to do my underarms, oh and colouring hair is apparently safe but I am wondering about the head massage they give.

Thanks
    Reviews
    cjm---I'm staying off any chemicals until 2nd or 3rd trimester, since the first 12 weeks is crucial to organs formation. I've read somewhere that highlights and foils are OK since the contact of dyes to scalp is not much and not long, where as whole head perming and colouring is probably not advisable. I'll need to have my hair straigthened again as I have unruly wavy hair that goes wherever it likes before bubby arrives, as I probably won't have the time to heat straigthen my hair, I've probably do it a few weeks prior to birth.

Welcome everyone!

Fiona---I used to follow your blog, I'm so chuffed with your news, it looks like the fertility gods are finally smiling on us!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just popping in:-)
    Great idea on starting this thread, I was concerned about talking about our preg would upset the other long term women still TTC!

I had my 11 week scan on fri. OB was so happy, he said "oh we need a pic of this! Such a photogenic baby"!

I stopped all massage for the first tri. I just read enough to convince me not to.
    I'm not waxing legs either or using hair dye.
    Last edited by Marzi; 22-01-2012 at 10:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do we want to make a roll call? Can everyone post your EDD and if you're having boy/girl/twins?