+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a DD who has curly hair but i wouldnt straighten her hair at this age as she is only 2. I think upper primary school its fine but i wouldnt at this young age.

I was asked by mil if she could straighten it when she was 1 1/2 and i was like NO Way!! But saying that my sil reguarly has striaghtened her dd hair since this age. So i guess everyone is different. Me personally though i wouldnt do it until at least 8-10 years of age for a special occassion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I straighten my hair, but I wouldn't let my girls do it. It might be a different story if they had the type of hair some people on here have talked about, but their hair is pretty straight anyway, so not for them, until they are much, much older.

I do remember crimping my hair though for special occasions so I wouldn't be opposed to maybe curling it a couple of times a year if they really wanted it... they hate me playing around with their hair though, so unlikely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My dd has her hair cut really short.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dd I's almost four with really curly frizzy hair and I've prob straightened it twice. She loved it but doesn't last very long which I am ok with.

On a side note I mentioned ages ago to my step mum, before I had ever done it that I would love to straighten her hair just to see what it looks like and she replied "If I knew of anyone doing that to a child she would report them to docs!!! "

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have no problem with straightening kids hair its not like its permanant. and as another poster said they are great for running through after a nit treatment to make sure you get any last stray eggs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by littlerayofsunshine View Post
    My dd I's almost four with really curly frizzy hair and I've prob straightened it twice. She loved it but doesn't last very long which I am ok with.

On a side note I mentioned ages ago to my step mum, before I had ever done it that I would love to straighten her hair just to see what it looks like and she replied "If I knew of anyone doing that to a child she would report them to docs!!! "
    Oh wow, no wonder the system is so tied up!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by littlerayofsunshine View Post
    I can just imagine DOCS response. "Oh NO!! We'll get around there right away, forget the kids who are being abused and neglected, a child with unnaturally straight hair needs our help NOW!!"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

FloatingFairy  (19-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have an issue for older kids but I would be concerned in littelies about damage because often their hair can be a bit wispy and fragile. If it helps to make it more manageable, I don't see what the big deal is, especially if you're using a good treatment and thermal protection spray

Thanks
    Reviews
    Occasionally, yes.

My daughter has super curly hair and likes it straightened sometimes and has done since the age of about 7 (she's 10 this year). Usually she likes it straight for special events at school or for parties etc so I don't have a problem with it.

I'm sure as she gets older she'll probably straighten it a lot more, perhaps even daily the way I did as a tween and teen

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know I had to try so hard not to laugh I'n her face. I seriously couldn't believe and even now writing this I'm laughing to myself.
    Maybe I should direct her to here I'm sure she would have some great fun.