+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I straighten DDs, 7. hair occasionally as a nit preventative. Helps kill off those last few eggs that may have survived anything else we have thrown at them.

For cosmetic reasons I couldn't be bothered. And neither could she.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Upper primary, for a special event, maybe. Apart from that no. For younger children, no. It's the same with make up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I straighten the front of DD's hair. Not daily, maybe once a week? She is a very hot sleeper and sweats around her hairline and gets this unmanageable frizz that won't tie back and sticks up. I can only wash her hair on weekends so sometimes the straightener has to do.

I'm well aware that it's probably my issue projected onto her. I never felt attractive until I learnt to straighten my hair with the blowdryer, and the invention of decent hair straighteners revolutionised my life.

But whatever, I'll continue to do it, I don't think it's that bad

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have straightened my kids hair , they have curls so it does look nice when its straight. I dont have a problem with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I reckon it's OK.

I don't think it's a good idea to make a habit of it (just because I know what it's like to not be able to leave the house without washing, blow-drying and straightening my hair and applying a full face of makeup - it's hard work, but the anxiety I have if I haven't done it isn't worth the extra time I would have in my day).

Every once in a while I think it's fine.

I think it's natural for little girls to want to mimic whatever Mum does.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have thick, frizzy, unmanageable hair that forms natural dreadlocks during the day and have childhood memories of a bleeding scalp, being terrified of having my hair brushed and frustration that I couldn't just brush and go.

DH has mentioned if our DD has the same hair as DS and I that he will straighten it whenever she washes it (probably weekly like I do). I do a treatment every time I wash it and would do the same for her.

If it makes it manageable then it's worth it to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    For special occasions i don't see a problem with it, as a hairdresser i know better though...
    If we have a DD and she has hair like mine when she gets to high school i will let her make the decision, i used to always Crimp or Rag my hair when i was little to get curls in my fine straight hair... I was allowed a spiral perm when i turned 12 and my hair never went back straight now it is a curly mop that i have chemically straightened once every 6 months. right now there are about 4 inches of curls and then 4 inches of straight hair

On another note a friend of mine had left over bleach from her hair so put some foils in her 4yo's hair i turned up in time to see her daughter flinching in pain. i don't mind the clip in colour bits for a bit of fun but there is no way i would colour a 4yo's hair!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    its no different to any other type of hair do/up
    not like its permanent

chemical straightening now that's a different story - not that its works either

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love my chemical straightening... Only have to have the roots done.

As to the op, daily? Not so young, grade 6 I would allow daily. Otherwise I'm being a hypocrite.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love mine too!! it's a god send i don't mind my curly hair when it is longer and once i have bub i will probably let it grow out a bit more and then cut it shorter.