+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Thermomix accessories

I am finally getting a Thermomix and DF has told me to have a look at the accessories as well, so extra bowls etc.
    Can someone tell me where I would be able to see what they have, and how much $$ they would be or do I need to get a consultant in??

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i don't have any accessories, pretty sure you can get a 2nd bowl and also some serving dishes?

2nd bowl could be handy, serving dishes I don't get the point of though?

the carry bag would be sweet - I want to get one cos I take my to melbourne a fair bit when I visit family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Serving bowls are good for entertaining and also if you cooked your dinner in advanced, or if you eat after your children go to bed etc type thing.
    OK so there is pretty much just the extra bowl and the serving dishes then? How much is a extra bowl, I don't think I'd need the serving dishes.

Maybe I should just go visit Thermolicious haha..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    yeh i don't think there is really much else from what I have seen - you get all the attachments for the machine to do everything it does IYKWIM.

I think from memory the extra bowl was around $600 but I could be wrong? It just the figure that popped into my head.

serving bowl - I pretty sure thermolicious has them so maybe she can tell you more? I have seen pic they look like the thermo so I don't see how they would match/be suitbale for presenting on the table and if im not doign that I just put all the food on the plate? but maybe i missed something.

I reckon the carry bag is worth getting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    From what I remember the extra bowl is quite exxy, about $300 or something.... Dont bother getting the brush that comes with it though.... get a $3 suction one from Ikea, the thermie on is too bulky. also I dont use the spatula that comes with it unless the recipe calls for it to stir during the process, just use a cheap one as those blades are sharp.... though it could be because I'm a left hander so I stir things differently.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The serving bowl is insulated and keeps food hot or cold for hours... I hardly use mine.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Azurial For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (18-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I saw the serving bowls at the demo Thermo invited me to. Its just a metal bowl type thing with a lid, kinda like a bain marie without needing the use of heat to keep the food warm (so has some sort of insulation in it?)
    Dont see myself transporting it so no need for a bag, I think perhaps a second bowl.

AHH I am soo happy. Its made my day

Thanks
    Reviews
    you will love it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just ordered it!!But I forgot to ask what it comes with and nowhere (on the internet) tells me? Soo...what does it come with? I know the machine, but what else?

Thanks
    Reviews
    its just the machine - here is the brochure thing you will get with it

but its the machine which has

-bowl
    -steamer insert basket that fit inside bowl
    -butterfly paddle for instead bowl - sits over the blades
    -lid with m/c insert
    -steamer tray for top (3 part - base, steamer, lid)
    -a spatula thing that is really cool cos you can put in the top of the thermo while it is running and it won't touch the blades (Germans and their crazy design skills hah!). The spatula also hooks on teh steamer basket to make a handle AND when you put it on bench it is designed so the dirty never touches the becnch)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Buttoneska For This Useful Post:

Guest1234  (18-01-2012)