View Poll Results: Baby names

14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Would you call your baby girl the same name as its Mum?

1 7.14%
  • Would you call your baby boy the same name as its Dad?

2 14.29%
  • I don't like babies having the same name as parents.

11 78.57%
  • Other

1 7.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Oh and how our family manages the name confusion is like my brother is Robert Daniel - known as Daniel. My dad is Robert Bruce - known as Rob. My grandfather is Robert Leslie - know as Leslie. And his father was Robert something - known as Robert.

Makes sense?

Mod-Nomsie is online now Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    If it was family tradition I would.

If not then no.. I don't think I'd be starting a new tradition.

If anyone watches Cake Boss- you'd know how big on tradition they are, and family names. They have neices and nephews named after aunts and uncles.. it must be so confusing.. and it's not even once per generation- eg The Cake Boss is Buddy, his son is Buddy AND his nephew is Buddy (plus he was named after his dad and grandfather etc etc.)
    He has a sister called Mary and a neice called Mary (but the neice isn't Mary's daughter, it's Mary's neice too...) and it goes on and on and on like that!

I think it can be confusing... but like I said- if it's tradition- I stick to it.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    100 Posts in a week
    We called our DS the same name as DH. To be honest, we couldn't agree on any other names and there were no other names either of us really loved for a boy (we had a girls name totally ready if our baby was a girl). Also, we lost 9 weeks to think about names further when DS had to be delivered at 31 weeks.

We didn't so much name DS after DH, but we used the same name because we like it. DS has a different middle name to DH.

In our house DS is called by his name, DH is called a shortened nickname.