View Poll Results: Baby names

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Would you call your baby girl the same name as its Mum?

1 7.14%
  • Would you call your baby boy the same name as its Dad?

2 14.29%
  • I don't like babies having the same name as parents.

11 78.57%
  • Other

1 7.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Giving your baby a parents name.

Poll

#1 Would you call your baby girl the same name as its Mum?

#2 Would you call your baby boy the same name as its Dad?

#3 I don't like babies having the same name as parents.

#4 Other

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I love DPs name and it was number one on my list before I met her but now I wouldn't think of naming a future daughter after her. I just think there are 1000 names in the world, why pick one that's already in the house?

Thanks
    Reviews
    ok my grammatical errors in that poll means it makes little sense when actually answering... I am exhausted and sick!

If you would answer "yes", just tick them, if you would answer "no", don't tick them. lol

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It's a tradition in my family so i don't see a problem with it. Well, it's more a tradition to name after grandparents, but my mum, her mum, and her grandma all have the same name (and I'm thinking I'll use it if I have a girl )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    It's a tradition in my family so i don't see a problem with it. Well, it's more a tradition to name after grandparents, but my mum, her mum, and her grandma all have the same name (and I'm thinking I'll use it if I have a girl )
    So you missed out on the name being your name? Lol, why didn't your Mum follow the rules!

Well DH and I just found out we are having a boy. He is the first boy in his family and so he has the same name as every first boy in his family for generations. It means a lot to him to name the first grandson/boy in his family the same name.

I just don't know though. I am not crazy about "juniors". I have my Mum's name as my middle name and DD1 has my middle name as her middle name which DH chose and I hated. (he hated the name I wanted as her middle name). But I think mdidle names are fine, and a great way to name kids after family members. First names though? I'm torn!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes. DD is named after my maternal grandmother, so am I, so we have a similar name.

Next DS will have DHs name exactly, but will go by a different nickname to DH. He'll be named for DHs other grandfather (DS1 is named for DHs maternal grandfather), as DH is too.

Nothing wrong with it, as long as you have different nicknames to tell them apart at home.

My dad and DH have the same nickname, it gets confusing, but DHs name has a lot of different versions to choose from.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Well, I always intended to use my maternal grandmother's name as a middle name for my girl, but I was so convinced I was having a boy that I put it out of my head, then when she was born I gave her the same middle name as my cousin's girl, which is similar to my mum's middle name. I really regret it, but left it how it was.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    4: other (I'm on my phone)

I wouldn't - but I don't not like it. Just not for my kids.

My brother, father, grandfather & great grandfather have the same name (and going further back) I assume my brother will name his son the same name. So it's reasonable 'normal' in my experience. But no, I wouldn't personally do it.

Though we may give little miss my grandma's middle name.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    No I wouldnt UNLESS the parent had passed away and it was a rememberance type of thing...even then I think Id use it as a middle name.

DP is a Something Something Something The Third....he HATES it soo much. I asked if he ever had a kid, if he'd want to carry the name on and he said 'No way in hell. For one, its annoying, and secondly Id want to give my kid its own identity, starting with its own name'.
    (Thats not meant to cause any offence to anyone, its just how he feels and I think its relevant because he knows what its like to share a name
    )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Personally, I wouldn't so I voted option 3. My aunt has the same name as my nana and I have quite a few friends that have given their sons their partners name(babies father) With Junior or Third etc. afterward It's not my thing but I understand that could be their family tradition and to be honest I don't really care what someone else names their kid.