I'm a single mum, but it's by choice and I'm so proud of myself for being able to raise my children on my own terms, to be an independent woman and mother. But life is hard because..
* My 6yr old has Asperger's and ADHD
* My 3mth old has Hirschsprung's, had major surgery at 2wks of age and has been readmitted for various illnesses 4 times already
* I have Asperger's myself and despite being desperately lonely (I have literally no friends) I find it really hard to connect with people
* We live from pay to pay and while I'd love to study and get back into the workforce, I'm limited because my son isn't able to attend full-time school
* While I live nearby to my family, they don't help me at all - and I'm oftentimes left feeling resentful because my son is 'too hard' to care for in their view. FFS, they don't even want to spend time with my children and I! It cuts deep.
I don't begrudge my situation, I have 2 beautiful children who I love and adore despite their medical challenges, we have a roof over our heads and food in our bellies. It just wears me down on occasion.
I do have plans to move back to my home state of Tasmania (currently living in Qld) to be closer to my sister/niece/nephew, and to get back in touch with some friends from my previous 'child-free' life. It may not be 'easier' if/when I move back, grass being greener and all that, but it sure as hell can't be any worse can it